Crash on Startup

HardanHardan Posts: 3Member
Hi

I'm experiencing a game crash upon starting the game. The UE4 Crash Reporter has the following to say:

LoginId:2ba1441740c0999af1576cb6149f33a8
EpicAccountId:

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

RSG_Win64_Shipping!FShader::SerializeBase() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\shadercore\private\shader.cpp:1005]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!TShaderMap::SerializeShaderForLoad() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\shadercore\public\shader.h:1805]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!TShaderMap::SerializeInline() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\shadercore\public\shader.h:1887]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!SerializeGlobalShaders() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:3868]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!CompileGlobalShaderMap() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\shadercompiler\shadercompiler.cpp:4069]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::PreInit() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:1852]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:127]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:144]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!WinMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:223]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]
kernel32
ntdll

I have tried the following:
- Restart Windows
- Reinstall Graphics Drivers
- Un-/Reinstall UE4 (from the engine/extras menu)
- Delete and Reinstall Everspace (steam)

Comments

• HardanHardan Posts: 3Member
    Added the Report and Dump File from the UE Crash Report
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,017Moderator
    Hi, thanks for reporting. Does this happen all the time? So you've never been able to start the game?
  • HardanHardan Posts: 3Member
    Yes it does happen everytime...
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,017Moderator
    I'm sorry to say, but I have no idea why the game is crashing, I've tried googling the error message but found nothing. It's an engine crash, but I have no clue what's going on and would recommend a refund if you're stille eligible. Sorry
  • PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Posts: 100Member
    Funny enough, I kept getting a serialize error message requesting to verify the files after installing the last two updates using xdelta GOG patch. Morale - do not skip re-downloading the DLC if not using Galaxy ;)
    ps somewhat hate the xdelta as it takes an eternity of feedback-less scanning through your game data, reinstalling the whole game seems to be a better choice.