Nonstop Access Violations

Hey all,

I like this game quite a bit, but having gotten a few sectors on I more or less cannot progress due to constant crashes. I'm lucky to get through a single level before it crashes. One time it even crashed while I let it idling in the main menu. I've gone so far as to turn anti-aliasing off and all of the other settings down to medium. I'm running a 2700x, with a Vega 64 (running the latest stable drive), and 16 GB of 3200 MHz RAM set to 2933 MHz. I've tried windowed, windowed full screen, and full screen. Windowed might be the best, but it's hardly a difference if there is one at all. Here's one crash dump. I've got a ton more.

LoginId:5fb7218c4097ade51c3a6ea1756993e3
EpicAccountId:

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

atidxx64_7ffa9e750000
atidxx64_7ffa9e750000
d3d11
d3d11
d3d11
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHILockVertexBuffer() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11vertexbuffer.cpp:120]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FDynamicRHI::LockVertexBuffer_RenderThread() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rhi\private\rhicommandlist.cpp:1957]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::ComputeLightGrid() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\lightgridinjection.cpp:655]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::Render() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\deferredshadingrenderer.cpp:833]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!RenderViewFamily_RenderThread() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\scenerendering.cpp:2854]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!TGraphTask<`FRendererModule::BeginRenderingViewFamily'::`20'::EURCMacro_FDrawSceneCommand>::ExecuteTask() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:829]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:573]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!RenderingThreadMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:333]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRenderingThread::Run() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:467]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:76]

Please let me know if there's something I've got configured wrong or if I should just wait for a patch, or what.

All the best,

Scott

Comments

• PlatypusNipplesPlatypusNipples Posts: 2Member
    edited December 2018
    Here's another one:

LoginId:5fb7218c4097ade51c3a6ea1756993e3
    EpicAccountId:

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

PhysX3_x64
    PhysX3_x64
    PhysX3_x64
    PhysX3_x64
    PhysX3_x64
    PhysX3_x64
    PhysX3_x64
    PhysX3_x64
    PhysX3_x64
    PhysX3_x64
    PhysX3_x64
    PhysX3_x64
    APEXFramework_x64
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FPhysScene::ProcessPhysScene() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\physicsengine\physscene.cpp:1316]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!TBaseRawMethodDelegateInstance<0,FPhysScene,void __cdecl(enum ENamedThreads::Type,TRefCountPtr<FGraphEvent> const & __ptr64),enum EPhysicsSceneType>::ExecuteIfSafe() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.h:503]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!TGraphTask::ExecuteTask() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:829]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilIdle() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:584]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FTickTaskManager::RunTickGroup() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:1455]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!UWorld::Tick() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1468]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!UGameEngine::Tick() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:1311]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Tick() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3496]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:166]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:144]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!WinMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:223]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]
    kernel32
    ntdll

Sorry, I don't mean to double post, but I had some trouble finding the button to edit my last one.

P.S. This is with everything turned down to low and the screen percentage 20%. I don't think I can turn the settings down much lower than that.
  • ROCKFISH_SvenROCKFISH_Sven Posts: 93Moderator
    Hi PlatypusNipples,

the first stacktrace looks like a graphics driver related problem, the second is a problem while calculating physics, which I think is not done on the GPU for AMD graphic cards. While the first problem alone would point to a graphics driver update (please try this anyway, if you haven't done that already), in combination with the second it looks more like an over clocking problem. If I understood you correctly you UNDER clocked your RAM (or is this just a limitation of your CPU/Mainboard chipset)?
    Could you tell us a bit more about your system, especially regarding over/under clocking?
    Please also tell us if you are using the Steam/GOG or the Windows Store version.
    At which display resolution are you playing?

Regards
    Sven
  • PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Posts: 100Member
    To be honest I doubt PhysX isn't implemented via compute shaders on non-nVidia hardware anyway (well, at least UE4 runs on DX11 which handles compute shaders just fine). What I'd start with is actually downgrading the GPU driver and checking if it makes any difference. Sometimes more recent isn't necessary better ;)