Crash on Startup - VR + Steam bug

bl00d666bl00d666 Posts: 2Member
edited December 2018 in Crash Reports
the games crash on startup in VR with Oculus Rift. Steam believe that the app is running and won't start it again (Failed to start game (app already running)) even if everspace process is not running.
System Spec is:
Gygabyte AB350-Gaming 3 bios:F23d
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
16gb Ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 with driver 417.01
Windows 10 Pro

i join the zipped dump, and here's the crash log:
LoginId:3998978742ecd801c174a994803a8ab9 EpicAccountId: LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 345] SwapChain->ResizeBuffers(1,SizeX,SizeY,RenderTargetFormat,DXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_FLAG_ALLOW_MODE_SWITCH) failed at I:\Intermediate\RSG_Configurable_Win\Engine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Viewport.cpp:236 with error DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL, Size=1920x1080 Format=DXGI_FORMAT_R10G10B10A2_UNORM(0x00000018) RSG_Win64_Shipping!FDebug::AssertFailed() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:425] RSG_Win64_Shipping!VerifyD3D11ResizeViewportResult() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:336] RSG_Win64_Shipping!FD3D11Viewport::Resize() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11viewport.cpp:238] RSG_Win64_Shipping!FSlateRHIRenderer::ConditionalResizeViewport() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\slaterhirenderer\private\slaterhirenderer.cpp:383] RSG_Win64_Shipping!FSlateRHIRenderer::UpdateFullscreenState() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\slaterhirenderer\private\slaterhirenderer.cpp:419] RSG_Win64_Shipping!FSceneViewport::ResizeFrame() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\slate\sceneviewport.cpp:1334] RSG_Win64_Shipping!SystemResolutionSinkCallback() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:603] RSG_Win64_Shipping!TBaseStaticDelegateInstance<void __cdecl(void)>::ExecuteIfSafe() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.h:788] RSG_Win64_Shipping!FConsoleManager::CallAllConsoleVariableSinks() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\hal\consolemanager.cpp:605] RSG_Win64_Shipping!FConsoleManager::ProcessUserConsoleInput() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\hal\consolemanager.cpp:1234] RSG_Win64_Shipping!UEngine::Exec() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:3962] RSG_Win64_Shipping!UGameEngine::Exec() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:1092] RSG_Win64_Shipping!UGameViewportClient::Exec() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameviewportclient.cpp:2517] RSG_Win64_Shipping!ULocalPlayer::Exec() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\localplayer.cpp:1472] RSG_Win64_Shipping!UPlayer::ConsoleCommand() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\player.cpp:51] RSG_Win64_Shipping!APlayerController::ConsoleCommand() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\playercontroller.cpp:391] RSG_Win64_Shipping!UKismetSystemLibrary::ExecuteConsoleCommand() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\kismetsystemlibrary.cpp:284] RSG_Win64_Shipping!UKismetSystemLibrary::execExecuteConsoleCommand() RSG_Win64_Shipping!UFunction::Invoke() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:4729] RSG_Win64_Shipping!UObject::CallFunction() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:774] RSG_Win64_Shipping!UObject::ProcessContextOpcode() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:2197] RSG_Win64_Shipping!UObject::ProcessInternal() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:984] RSG_Win64_Shipping!UFunction::Invoke() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:4729] RSG_Win64_Shipping!UObject::ProcessEvent() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1344] RSG_Win64_Shipping!AActor::ProcessEvent() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:730] RSG_Win64_Shipping!FLatentActionManager::TickLatentActionForObject() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\latentactionmanager.cpp:187] RSG_Win64_Shipping!FLatentActionManager::ProcessLatentActions() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\latentactionmanager.cpp:103] RSG_Win64_Shipping!AActor::Tick() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:946] RSG_Win64_Shipping!AActor::TickActor() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:925] RSG_Win64_Shipping!FActorTickFunction::ExecuteTick() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:140] RSG_Win64_Shipping!FTickFunctionTask::DoTask() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:272] RSG_Win64_Shipping!TGraphTask<FTickFunctionTask>::ExecuteTask() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:834] RSG_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilIdle() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:584] RSG_Win64_Shipping!FTickTaskManager::RunTickGroup() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:1455] RSG_Win64_Shipping!UWorld::Tick() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1468] RSG_Win64_Shipping!UGameEngine::Tick() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:1311] RSG_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Tick() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3496] RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:166] RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:144] RSG_Win64_Shipping!WinMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:223] RSG_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253] kernel32 ntdll

Comments

• bl00d666bl00d666 Posts: 2Member
    Found the culprit!
    I search in the forum and found other people with the same problems, but it was a software I don't have that was causing their crash. I just try to quit all my unnecessary application and the game start working.
    I try starting the app one by one until the app crash, and it was the Steel Series Engine 3 app that cause the crash on startup.
    Quitting the steel series app fix my problems
    :smile: