Crash on Game Launch

AeroSigmaAeroSigma Posts: 1Member
edited November 2018 in Crash Reports
I have updated my graphics drivers, and am running it as Administrator, with override DPI scaling. It crashes both directly from steam (64-bit) before showing anything, and from the 32-bit *.exe after opening a window and showing EVERSPACE logo. I'm running on a Razer Blade Stealth with at i7 and Intel HD620 graphics.

From Steam:
LoginId:8690c50f4adaf79e02de12b64084227d
EpicAccountId:da3801829f074ee4a3e8c7284294cba6

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

RSG_Win64_Shipping!UGameEngine::ConditionallyOverrideSettings() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:263]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!UGameUserSettings::PreloadResolutionSettings() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameusersettings.cpp:640]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::PreInit() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:1580]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:127]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:144]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!WinMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:223]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]
kernel32
ntdll

Direct from the .exe:
LoginId:8690c50f4adaf79e02de12b64084227d
EpicAccountId:da3801829f074ee4a3e8c7284294cba6

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 3542] Texture2D /Game/Assets/Vehicles/Drones/Textures/T_Drone_001_N.T_Drone_001_N: Serial size mismatch: Got 44, Expected 6225

RSG_Win32_Shipping!FDebug::AssertFailed() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:425]
RSG_Win32_Shipping!FAsyncPackage::EventDrivenSerializeExport() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\serialization\asyncloading.cpp:3542]
RSG_Win32_Shipping!FAsyncPackage::ProcessImportsAndExports_Event() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\serialization\asyncloading.cpp:3856]
RSG_Win32_Shipping!::operator()() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\serialization\asyncloading.cpp:2644]
RSG_Win32_Shipping!UE4Function_Private::TFunctionRefCaller<<lambda_dabd1e6fed9fb75badefc378b7eaacae>,void __cdecl(FAsyncLoadEventArgs &)>::Call() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\templates\function.h:252]
RSG_Win32_Shipping!FAsyncLoadEventQueue::PopAndExecute() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\serialization\asyncloadingthread.h:101]
RSG_Win32_Shipping!FAsyncLoadingThread::ProcessAsyncLoading() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\serialization\asyncloading.cpp:4401]
RSG_Win32_Shipping!FAsyncLoadingThread::TickAsyncThread() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\serialization\asyncloading.cpp:5073]
RSG_Win32_Shipping!FAsyncLoadingThread::TickAsyncLoading() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\serialization\asyncloading.cpp:4794]
RSG_Win32_Shipping!FlushAsyncLoading() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\serialization\asyncloading.cpp:7010]
RSG_Win32_Shipping!LoadPackageInternal() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:1191]
RSG_Win32_Shipping!LoadPackage() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:1471]
RSG_Win32_Shipping!ResolveName() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:828]
RSG_Win32_Shipping!StaticLoadObjectInternal() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:916]
RSG_Win32_Shipping!StaticLoadObject() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:983]
RSG_Win32_Shipping!UGameEngine::Init() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:723]
RSG_Win32_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Init() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2858]
RSG_Win32_Shipping!GuardedMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:155]
RSG_Win32_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:157]
RSG_Win32_Shipping!WinMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:223]
RSG_Win32_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]
kernel32
ntdll
ntdll

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,000Moderator
    Hi, what happens if you start the gme without the custom DPI scaling? Cause the error message for the 64bit version look like something resolution related?

Regarding the 32bit version - it seems that with the latest update we exceeded the maximum filesize for a pak chunk, which is why the game won't start, we're working on a fix regarding this.