Crash when Starting VR

ceuleceule Posts: 1Member
edited September 2018 in Crash Reports
Hello

So i bought this game to test this VR glasses
But then it always crashes upon starting.
I have no other wish then to try this vr with the game )

--> Could you help me on the way ? The crash report message asked to copy paste the crash report here to get your expert advise. All help is appreciated.

I'm launching this game from PIPLAY. --> Then It doesnt start at all =
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LoginId:756d1d61462e27bb0d6e299d125b9c3c
EpicAccountId:

Unknown exception - code c06d007e (first/second chance not available)

KERNELBASE
RSG_Win64_Shipping!__delayLoadHelper2() [f:\dd\vctools\delayimp\delayhlp.cpp:323]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!_tailMerge_openvr_api_dll()
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FSteamVRHMD::Startup() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\plugins\runtime\steam\steamvr\source\steamvr\private\steamvrhmd.cpp:1537]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FSteamVRHMD::FSteamVRHMD() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\plugins\runtime\steam\steamvr\source\steamvr\private\steamvrhmd.cpp:1513]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FSteamVRPlugin::CreateTrackingSystem() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\plugins\runtime\steam\steamvr\source\steamvr\private\steamvrhmd.cpp:344]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!UEngine::InitializeHMDDevice() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:2552]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!UEngine::Init() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:1168]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!UGameEngine::Init() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:629]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Init() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2699]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:155]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:134]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!WinMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:210]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]
kernel32
ntdll

But when i launch it from STEAM then it actually launches, but its super super unstable- and crashes very quickly

LoginId:756d1d61462e27bb0d6e299d125b9c3c
EpicAccountId:

LowLevelFatalError [File:I:\Intermediate\RSG_Configurable_Win\Engine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 182] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

RSG_Win64_Shipping!FDebug::AssertFailed() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:414]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!TerminateOnDeviceRemoved() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:195]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!VerifyD3D11Result() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:231]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FD3D11Viewport::PresentChecked() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11viewport.cpp:290]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHIEndDrawingViewport() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11viewport.cpp:594]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRHICommandListExecutor::ExecuteInner() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rhi\private\rhicommandlist.cpp:497]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRHICommandList::EndDrawingViewport() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rhi\private\rhicommandlist.cpp:1623]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FSlateRHIRenderer::DrawWindow_RenderThread() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\slaterhirenderer\private\slaterhirenderer.cpp:883]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!TGraphTask > >::ExecuteTask() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:799]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:650]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:560]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!RenderingThreadMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:327]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRenderingThread::Run() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:461]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:76]

Comments

• ROCKFISH_TillROCKFISH_Till HamburgPosts: 69Member, Moderator
    Hello!

As to your first issue: We haven't internally used PIPLAY, but it sounds like the software is missing the necessary command to start the game in VR mode. If you start the game from Steam, we have provided an option for this, but any third-party launcher basically needs to run a shortcut of *Game Installation Folder*/RSG/Binaries/Win64/RSG-Win64-Shipping.exe with an additional launch parameter -vr in order to start VR mode.

Your second issue sounds like the game runs out of graphics memory - try to decrease some settings in the options menu, especially Screen Percentage and Anti-Aliasing in the Advanced Display Settings tab.
    Hope this is of help!