Large circle flicker/strobe in middle of screen

Hi just bought this game and have a problem already.
There appears to be a large circle that flickers on screen when moving the mouse fast. it has a missile icon that appears in the upper portion of the circle.
Poor video but you can see what i mean
All settings low. i7 4790K, Ge Force 960, 16gig ram, win10 64 bit. latest nvidia drivers.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=nIAAah7UBvc&feature=youtu.be

Thanks in advance, really want to play but the strobe effect drives me nuts

Comments

• PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Posts: 54Member
    You are somehow invoking the radial menu, probably some switch in your mouse gone loose or there is some foreign material inside the mouse enclosure. Not sure though as I have no mouse buttons bound to radial, though if you have any better look for a hardware problem (just try swapping out your mouse to see if it makes a difference).
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 947Moderator
    Hi, yes, it definitely looks like the secondary weapons selection wheel is being brought up every now and then - it is normally openend by holding down "2" for a short amount of time.

Have you customized controls in any way? If so, I'd recommend deleting two config files to go back to defaults and then see if the problem persists. Go to C:\Users\{YOUR_USERNAME}\AppData\Local\RSG\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor and delete both the Input.ini and the GameUserSettings.ini

It could also be that the action is triggered by a connected controller (secondary weapon selection is D-pad down by default). So it might be worth a try to unplug other input devices and if you have any external keybinding programs disable them