PS4 controller deadzone is HUGE

Hi Rockfish,

I'm kinda surprised that I have not found a thread on this topic here yet so I guess I'll start:

PLEASE add a controller deadzone slider to the PS4 (or console in general) version. A game that is THIS much focused on precise gunnery and fast combat needs to be as responsive as possible yet my right thumbstick has to travel 2.5 mm BEFORE THE MOVEMENT IS EVEN REGISTERED.

I'm sorry but this totally ruins the game.

I searched for a solution but to no avail, please if there is any, point me in the right direction since as of now this shooter is completely unplayable.

I really wanna love this game, please help!

Best regards

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 954Moderator
    Hi, how does it feel for you if you set the sensitivity to 1.0? We are doing some input smoothing/filtering which might feel like a deadzone (it is actually more like a little lag so the inputs aren't too direct to avoid overshooting etc.), especially when having a lower sensitivity.
  • sulocosuloco Posts: 2Member
    Hi, thanks for response, sadly it's the same case. I slowly inch the thumbstick away from the center and wait for the game to respond. It starts to respond at cca 2,5 mm and even the first response is quite harsh. Its basically impossible for you to keep a lead on your target at mid-to-long range.

I have since gotten a bit more used to it but it gets very annoying when trying for example to precission-snipe with Shock Rifle.

Can you see this improving in the near future? I find the controller to be almost perfect way to handle this game.

Anyway the game is awesome but it's a shooter so I'd love for it to be at least as responsive as average FPS on the console.