Segmentation fault in Debian 9, GOG installer

simbasimba Posts: 3Member
edited June 2018 in Technical Support
simba:$ ./RSG-Linux-Shipping
4.17.2-0+++UE4+Release-4.17 513 0
Disabling core dumps.
LowLevelFatalError [File:/home/joern/src2/Engine/Engine/Source/Runtime/PakFile/Private/IPlatformFilePak.cpp] [Line: 3628]
Trailing magic number (0d) in '../../../RSG/Content/Paks/pakchunk2-LinuxNoEditor.pak' is different than the expected one. Verify your installation.
Signal 11 caught.
Malloc Size=131076 LargeMemoryPoolOffset=131092
CommonLinuxCrashHandler: Signal=11
Malloc Size=65535 LargeMemoryPoolOffset=196655
Engine crash handling finished; re-raising signal 11 for the default handler. Good bye.
Segmentation fault

Comments

• rfg_joernrfg_joern Posts: 9Moderator
    Hi simba,
    thanks for your report on this issue. Are you able to reproduce this error? If so, what steps are required to do so?
    My first guess from reading this log is that the pak-file got corrupted. So if this is reproducable please try to re-install the game.
  • simbasimba Posts: 3Member
    I'll try reinstalling. The download from GOG is 5 gigs, maybe something failed in the download? They don't seem to provide any md5 verification method
  • simbasimba Posts: 3Member
    That fixed it! I still get segfault from start.sh but if I run the RSG-Linux-Shipping executable instead, it loads and plays. Thanks for your help! I wish GOG would offer file validation checksums so I could confirm such a thing without downloading 5gb again.
  • rfg_joernrfg_joern Posts: 9Moderator
    Hi simba,
    glad to hear this worked out for you. Our recommended way to start the game is using one of the EverspaceWith...Libraries.sh scripts in the game folder. If you should run into any issues related to video playback, try one of these.