Game freeze when attacking the 2nd ship

madogcotkmadogcotk Posts: 5Member
The Elek mission I'm currently on I start to attack the second ship it freezes and task manager won't even come up so not sure if it was that windows 10 update or what, but I have to do a hard reset on my computer. Everytime I try again it does the same thing. I can hear audio still going on, but the picture is frozen. I've included images to help you see where I'm at in the game and my current settings. Would love to finish this game for our youtube channel when this is fixed. Let me know if you need anymore info. Thanks.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    Thank you. We will try to reproduce it on our end and keep you posted.
    We cannot reproduce this issue here. Can you tell us exactly when the freeze happens. After something gets destroyed or when a dialog should be triggered, when you fire the first shot, come close to the freighter, etc.? Also, if you still have the savegame, please send it to support(at)rockfishgames.com.
  • madogcotkmadogcotk Posts: 5Member
    I start firing at the 2nd ship and it starts up it's jump drive and the screen freezes and the audio keeps going, but I can't do anything until I do a hard shutdown on my computer. How do I send you my saved game file?
    If you're playing on PC, the save files are located here:
    C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\RSG\Saved\SaveGames
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I typed in what you said and it can't find the save game file. I got a new drive on my computer 2 months back and went through steam and transferred all of my games to the new drive. I did a search there too changing C to D and it still couldn't find the file. Is there another way to figure out where my saved game data is?
    Also I am playing on PC with windows 10.
  • PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Posts: 100Member
    In fact "USER" should be substituted with your user account's name though that's a boring way thanks environment variables ;)

Just type this: %AppData%\..\Local\RSG\Saved\SaveGames

(do NOT substitute anything here, just copy'n'paste the whole string, dots included).
    Thank you PedalToTheMetal that worked I just had to put in in my dropbox link to be able to get you the files since it kept saying wrong file format when trying to put it directly into here. I hope ROCKFISH_HCK this helps you to solve my issue I'm having. Also sorry for taking so long to respond back. My wife got really sick and I'm in the middle of selling my house so thanks for your patience and help.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/10p2p15xvti8q57/AAAEMI9Hp45Eu4_VBAscR2Oua?dl=0
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,017Moderator
    Hi, I just tried your save game and did not encounter any problem and finished the mission. So really no clue why the gamr would freeeze for you at this point.

I'd suggest the following: You just ignore the mission and leave the location and continue playing. Don't worry, the mission will be spawned again in your next run and maybe you will be able to finish it then without the freeze. At least it's worth a try.