[FIXED] Encounters on PC via Microsoft Store initially did not install

GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,090Moderator, Space Cat
edited May 17 in NEWS
5/16 UPDATE:

Hi, the update that fixes the Encounters DLC not working when bought for PC via the Microsoft Store went live yesterday, so everything is in order now.

Hello Everspace Community,

We are very excited about the latest updates to EVERSPACE, and we are heart-broken to hear our hard work into the DLC can't be experienced to its fullest. We've been seeing this issue pop up across a number of channels, and it looks like it is a occurring specifically when using Everspace on the PC. The XBox side is functioning as intended, as well as running the base game without the DLC installed.

The team has been notified and are taking action; as soon as there is a fix, a new update will go live to correct the issue.

Thank you all for your patience as we lock this down!

Comments

• doobiesnaxdoobiesnax Posts: 21Member
    No idea what that is, bit sounds upsetting :(

I’ve noticed the perk that makes the ancients accasionaly appear to help seems to be broken since the update (on Xbox, played for five hours today, didn’t appear once.)
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,090Moderator, Space Cat

I’ve noticed the perk that makes the ancients accasionaly appear to help seems to be broken since the update (on Xbox, played for five hours today, didn’t appear once.)

Those ancients are pretty rare to spawn in, but that does seem like a long time. Thank you for the report; we'll have a look.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 925Moderator
    edited May 16
    Hi, the update that fixes the Encounters DLC not working when bought for PC via the Microsoft Store went live yesterday, so everything is in order now.
  • PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Posts: 45Member
    edited May 17
    The installation went somewhat funny :) Upon installing the main game (I didn't uninstall it first) at some point it closed the Windows Explorer (Win7 x64 here) completely along with the taskbar and the desktop icons, no problem at all though unless you don't know how to restart it. Upon installing Encounters I checked "Launch...." at the success window and instead of launching ES it opened the "Computer" location in Windows Explorer. The game itself seems to work fine however, posted just for you guys to know :) Used GOG classic installer, that is, the one without the built-in Galaxy distributive.