Won't Boot for Win 10 / Play Anywhere

All I can see from the Event Viewer is:

Unable to start a DCOM Server: ROCKFISHGames.EVERSPACE_1.2.6.1002_x64__wm11qtfe9fmzj!AppEVERSPACE as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
"5"
Happened while starting this command:
"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ROCKFISHGames.EVERSPACE_1.2.6.1002_x64__wm11qtfe9fmzj\RSG\Binaries\UWP64\RSG-UWP64-Shipping.exe" -ServerName:AppEVERSPACE.AppXmb84kcc0ashr8e6tgr0s79xbt1k6z57d.mca

Comments

• ROCKFISH_SvenROCKFISH_Sven Posts: 93Moderator
    Hi Overmind Hive,

there seems to be a problem with the Microsoft Store sometimes, when users don’t use a Microsoft Account, but a good old local user account to log into windows.

Could you try to start the PushToInstall service before starting the game from the store?

Press <Windows Key> + <X> → Computer Management → Services and Applications → Services → Windows PushToInstall Service → Right click → Start

Regards
    Sven
  • rfg_joernrfg_joern Posts: 9Moderator
    Hi Overmind,

I sadly can not provide you directly with a solution. But at least there are a few things you can check.
    Error 5 means access denied in most cases on Windows but it seems to be unclear wether this refers to the service or to some file from the app package. Please check if the DCOM and XBox Live services are enabled and running or starting with the game. Also check if your user has sufficient access rights for them.
    Are you able to use XBox Live service from within the XBox Live application?
    Next I would recommend to uninstall the app and reinstall it from the Microsoft Store, this step also should provide you with an update to version 1.2.9. If possible try to set the install location to your system drive. I also had occasionally some issues with installations to an other drive, although this shouldn't be a problem in general and seems to be caused by some oddities inside UWP.
    Hope this helps you to pin down this issue.
  • Overmind HiveOvermind Hive Posts: 2Member
    Thanks to both for the responses. As a random attempt I decided to uninstall, reboot, reinstall and SURPRISE that totally worked?!? :) Great game so far!