Resources get stuck inside objects (usually large asteroids) upon spawn

Sergio0694Sergio0694 Posts: 15Member
Hello, I've noticed a small bug that causes the consumables to sometimes spawn inside a solid object (usually an asteroid) and get stuck there. It then becomes impossible to retrieve them, so they just end up being wasted.

This usually happens with consumables that are generated by some sort of "explosive" container (usually fuel or gas containers), that are near a large asteroid: when they explode it may happen that one or more consumables are thrown directly inside the asteroid.

Here are some screens of the issue:

You will notice one gas item stuck inside the large asteroid in the first two screens, and two fuel items in the last two screens.

Hope this helps! :smile:

Comments

• ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    Thanks. We know about this bug from the very beginning but couldn't really prevent this from happening sometimes.
  • Sergio0694Sergio0694 Posts: 15Member
    edited April 2018

Thanks. We know about this bug from the very beginning but couldn't really prevent this from happening sometimes.

Sure :)
    I figured someone else had already reported it, but decided to post it just in case. Even if this can't be easily fixed, wouldn't it be possible to use a workaround to mitigate the issue?

Simple example: Whenever there's at least 1 collectible present in the current map, which hasn't been recovered yet, check the coordinates of each of them and verify if it's located inside another object (I assume the game has the coordinates of every vertex for every item in the game, so this should be fairly simple to calculate.
    For every "glitched" item that is found, either just remove it, or translate it out of the object it's located inside of.
    Such a loop could be run every x seconds, and only if there are uncollected resources in the map, to avoid performance slowdowns.

This is just an idea (and I guess you'd be able to optimize the implementation quite a bit, as you know the actual implementation details of the game), and I understand that it wouldn't be the most elegant solution, but still better than seeing stuck resources like in the screens above.
    I'm all for workarounds whenever there are weird glitched that can't be easily fixed in other ways, did something similar myself more than once in my apps :smiley:

Cheers!