Three monitor setup?

PuggPugg Posts: 8Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Booster
Did multiple monitor support ever get added to Everspace? I remember it was planned as a future feature during the beta test. I have a 27" iMac with two 27" external monitors, with a Radeon Pro 580 8 GB graphics card. I'd like to be able to use all three screens. The Display options in game don't seem to have that option.

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,088Moderator, Space Cat
    edited April 3
    I've seen triple-monitor setups playing Everspace so I know it's possible. Let me see if the team has further details on this one.

UPDATE: Confirmed that a triple-monitor setup works on PC. Not 100% about MAC, however. If you try getting this to work, let us know what happens. If you run into any trouble, let us know your specs and we'll see if we can find a solution from this end.
  • PuggPugg Posts: 8Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Booster
    I've had no luck so far. On OS X High Sierra, I've turned off "Displays have separate spaces" in System Preferences to allow windows to span multiple monitors. However, the Display options in Everspace won't allow me to change the game window aspect ratio to be wider than one monitor. I've tried forcing a window size using the Steam Launch Options, but that didn't work either.

Is there a game settings file that I can edit to manually set the window size or the aspect ratio?
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 914Moderator
    edited April 12
    Hi, there's no option from within the game to use a multi-monitor setupt (and no such option is planned). What people do on PC is most likely using the NVIDIA control panel and enabling the surround option (very easy, just tried it myself on two monitors here). Don't know the options on Mac, but I'm sure there are external programs that you can use.

If all else fails I can only offer a cheap workaround that should allow you to play in windowed mode with any resolution:
    - From inside the game, set the display mode to "window" and quit the game
    - Find the config file "GameUserSetttings.ini" located at Libary/Preferences/RSG/MacNoEditor
    - Edit the file, find the ResolutionSizeX, ResolutionSizeY, LastUserConfrimedResolutionSizeX, LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY variables and enter the resolution you like
    - Restart the game

Hope that helps!