Menu freeze bug on Xbox One

Hi there. I downloaded EverSpace on a $15 sale on New Year's Eve, and attempted to play it Monday morning. Unfortunately, whenever I am fiddling around with the option's setting, the menu always freezes whenever I change something (controller sensitivity, volume as examples). As a result, I can't play the game when the menu freezes and I am forced to reboot the game every single time. It is also bad enough that the menu freeze bug also affects gameplay, especially if I were to manage the ship inventory.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,009Moderator
    Hi,

it seems that this occurs whenever the game is saved? (options are saved every time you change a slider etc.) Normally this should not be noticeable and of course it should not result in a freeze. I'm wondering if you're using an external storage? If so, try moving the game to the internal storage and see if that does the trick
  • LunaticLK47LunaticLK47 Posts: 6Member
    No difference. Same problem even if I use internal harddrive.

No difference. Same problem even if I use internal harddrive.

Hmm. Running out of ideas here, have not heard of this problem before - it could be a connection problem with xbox live, not sure.

I'm wondering what happens if you start the game without being logged in - you should get a message in this case that no progress will be saved. And what happens if you enter the menu then - does it also freeze?
    I tried it out with a different profile when with Microsoft support. No luck either.

I tried it out with a different profile when with Microsoft support. No luck either.

Ok, but I was curious about the "no profile" behavior - if the freeze is there if no user is logged in.

In any case I'm sorry to say that I don't think we can help you at the moment. We can't reproduce it and you're the only one who has reported this xbox one problem thus far. We're currently working on a new update for xbxox one which uses Unreal Engine 4.17 where the user management is a little different, so we already had to re-work all the xbox live user login related code - but it's not certain that your problem will automatically get fixed by this - there's a chance, but we cannot guarantee it.

So at this point I think it's best if you asked Microsoft for a refund as you said in your email to support (that was you, right?). Again, really sorry that you're affected by this annoying problem and already spent so much time on it.

Ok, but I was curious about the "no profile" behavior - if the freeze is there if no user is logged in.

In any case I'm sorry to say that I don't think we can help you at the moment. We can't reproduce it and you're the only one who has reported this xbox one problem thus far. We're currently working on a new update for xbxox one which uses Unreal Engine 4.17 where the user management is a little different, so we already had to re-work all the xbox live user login related code - but it's not certain that your problem will automatically get fixed by this - there's a chance, but we cannot guarantee it.

So at this point I think it's best if you asked Microsoft for a refund as you said in your email to support (that was you, right?). Again, really sorry that you're affected by this annoying problem and already spent so much time on it.
    Yes, this was me. Thank you for your time.
  • BanabaBBQBanabaBBQ Posts: 3Member
    I just bought the game, like an hour ago, and have the same issue. The game freeze whenever I quit the option menu, select a different control scheme and even salvage a weapon during the tutorial. Its a 100% repro rate on my side. :(

Is this something you guys are aware of? Is the update you mentioned higher in the post already in?

Thanks.
    BanabaBBQ said:

I just bought the game, like an hour ago, and have the same issue. The game freeze whenever I quit the option menu, select a different control scheme and even salvage a weapon during the tutorial. Its a 100% repro rate on my side. :(

Is this something you guys are aware of? Is the update you mentioned higher in the post already in?

Thanks.

Not aware of the salvage during tutorial problem. But the other issues are related to the game not being able to save to the xbox account. We could never reproduce these issues by the way, but hope they will all be fixed with the next patch as we updated the Unreal Engine to 4.17 and completely reworked the user management.

Not aware of the salvage during tutorial problem. But the other issues are related to the game not being able to save to the xbox account. We could never reproduce these issues by the way, but hope they will all be fixed with the next patch as we updated the Unreal Engine to 4.17 and completely reworked the user management.

I tried again to salvage/equip the weapon in the tutorial and it didn't froze this time. I guess it could have been a save that happened after that which triggered the freeze. Question though, it does seem to save, because the options I set are kept when I come back to the game. Does that still make you think its the game not being able to save to the Xbox account? (Could make sense if the options are saved elsewhere I suppose)

Finally, do you have any ETA on when the patch you're talking of is coming in?

Thanks
    BanabaBBQ said:

I tried again to salvage/equip the weapon in the tutorial and it didn't froze this time. I guess it could have been a save that happened after that which triggered the freeze. Question though, it does seem to save, because the options I set are kept when I come back to the game. Does that still make you think its the game not being able to save to the Xbox account? (Could make sense if the options are saved elsewhere I suppose)

Finally, do you have any ETA on when the patch you're talking of is coming in?

Thanks

Hi, does your perk progress get saved? And can you resume runs after having fully quit Everspace? If this all seems to be in order than the problem with the options menu freeze is most likely not related to not being able to save, after all - and we drew a false conclusion.

I think the next update on Xbox One will probably be released in 6 to 8 weeks - but it's just a guess at this point. Earlier seems unlikely.

Hi, does your perk progress get saved? And can you resume runs after having fully quit Everspace? If this all seems to be in order than the problem with the options menu freeze is most likely not related to not being able to save, after all - and we drew a false conclusion.

I think the next update on Xbox One will probably be released in 6 to 8 weeks - but it's just a guess at this point. Earlier seems unlikely.

Sorry for the delay. So. I was actually capable of continuing a save game from some point. But the option menu still freeze when I exit it. Does that ring a bell to you? I'm starting to feel like this may not be related to saving even if it seemed logical in the first place.