Tareen (Okkar trader in Encounters)

MomberMomber Posts: 20Member
I keep on giving this guy everything he asks for but he always just wants more. Is this going somewhere? I feel that trading with this guy may not be in my best interest.
I enjoyed the little tasks which the other Encounters NPCs had for me but I also liked that the errands eventually came to an end and that I got something back for my trouble (like occasional allies in combat, blueprints and equipment upgrades, etc.) - however I'm not sure the relationship with Tareen will ever become mutually beneficial.
Would some who played this through all the way be so kind as to comment? Spoilers or not, I don't care. Thanks very much in advance.

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,093Moderator, Space Cat
    Tareen is a resource-sink in the game, used to get some extra credits and a couple items throughout your runs. Completing all of his tasks provides some nice bonuses for all successive playthroughs (much like any of the DLC characters).

At the very least, he gives alternative missions throughout the game. Can't go wrong tending to his requests!
  • MomberMomber Posts: 20Member
    Thanks for your reply.

a resource-sink in the game

Ah so. I never knew I needed a resource sink. Especially not because I usually meet the guy pretty early in the runs, where I still need the resources myself just to survive.

Completing all of his tasks provides some nice bonuses

Okay, that's what I wanted to know. So I guess I'll play along and indulge him a little while longer.