[Suggestion] Change the color of the HUD resource/item indicator.

parameterparameter Posts: 19Common Backer, Customer
This is a huge problem for me and apparently others as well. I'm actually surprised this hasn't been addressed yet.

The LIGHT BLUE color of the HUD indicators is a poor choice. Especially in a location with a lot of ice asteroids.

I constantly lose track of where these indicators are on my screen. It's poor design that I often find myself turning my ship just to push the indicators to the edge of my screen to find out which direction I need to go. This is especially true when looking for asteroids to mine in a field of ice-blue asteroids.

I will add a screenshot to this post if I can manage to grab one that shows the issue, but quite frankly I don't think it's necessary. Anybody who has played this game probably knows what I'm referring to.

The solution could be to change the indicator to a color not used for anything else and especially not a prominent color in any of the environmental pallets. Neon pink? Purple? I don't know. Something that sticks out no matter what.

You could also allow the player to choose the color for the HUD elements, but that would require more effort.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    Yes, sometimes the markers are hard to see but this could happen with all marker colors in later sectors (besides red and pink maybe). I think the problem is with their blending mode and their missing outlines. By the way, you can turn on color blind mode in the options menu, maybe this is more comfortable for you at the moment.
  • parameterparameter Posts: 19Common Backer, Customer
    I like to see everything as it is designed to be shown, since I'm not actually color blind. I'm a bit of an stickler for purity.

I was thinking the same thing you were about there being outlines on the indicators, similar to how text requires an outline to ensure it is readable against all backgrounds. A black border? I'm not sure which color would be best, but it could be tested to see how well it works. I assume black would work fine since the only colors that are an issue are lighter blue types.

I appreciate the response and I hope to see some changes to the indicators to help them become much more visually prominent.