Drone Carrier

MomberMomber Posts: 7Member
edited December 13 in Bug Reports
The Outlaw Drone Carrier just doesn't drop its inpenetrable shield, not ever. It doesn't matter how quickly I take out all its link drones, the shield stays up.
This unfortunate bug broke a run in which I had invested over three hours time because the carrier had a jump inhibitor on board and I was unable to reach it.
I know this wasn't the case with a previous version of the game I played (v1.06-something) because I managed to shoot a carrier down in this version.
My current version is 1.2.2.34636 with Encounters DLC (from GOG). Playing on easy difficulty.
Would someone from Rockfish please look into this issue? TIA!

Comments

• invenioinvenio Posts: 103Member
    This would seem like a really annoying bug. I have not encountered it myself via multiple runs. I think I'll probably always care one of those "jump override" consumables from now on, just to be safe.
  • MomberMomber Posts: 7Member
    invenio said:

one of those "jump override" consumables

Thanks for the tip. I will certainly hold on to these when I find them. Hopefully there is a blueprint to discover so that a person can craft them as needed.
    Be that as it may, I believe the carrier should be looked at by the programmers.

I posted this yesterday in the wrong forum, sorry about that!
    The Outlaw Drone Carrier doesn't drop its inpenetrable shield, not ever. It doesn't matter how quickly I take out all its link drones, the shield stays up.
    This unfortunate bug broke a run in which I had invested over three hours time because the carrier had a jump inhibitor on board and I was unable to reach it.
    I know this wasn't the case with a previous version of the game I played (v1.06-something) because I managed to shoot a carrier down in this version.
    My current version is 1.2.2.34636 with Encounters DLC (from GOG). Playing on easy difficulty, Windows 7 x64.
    Would someone from Rockfish please look into this issue? TIA!

Also I'm using the Gunship and I noticed the Gatling Turret often stops working. It continues to target and follow enemies but doesn't fire. The Laser Turret doesn't seem to suffer from this bug.
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 533Moderator
    Thanks for reporting but we could not reproduce that on our end. And I would be very surprised if that bug happened with every Drone Carrier you encounter. Sounds more like an invisible drone or some infrequent logic bug with the shield controller. Normally, if you saved and exited and then resumed the game in the same location you should have been able to continue your run. If that ever happens again and is not fixed by exiting and resuming, please drop us a message and then send us your savegames so we could have a look.
    Yes, it happens with every Drone Carrier I come across. I have reproduced it many times. Even a whole squadron of Okkar (with a couple of Corvettes thrown in) will not bring down the Carrier's shield.
    Saving and reloading doesn't help.

BTW, correction: the Laser Turret also suffers from occasional "failure to fire".
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 843Moderator
    Momber said:

Yes, it happens with every Drone Carrier I come across. I have reproduced it many times. Even a whole squadron of Okkar (with a couple of Corvettes thrown in) will not bring down the Carrier's shield.
    Saving and reloading doesn't help.

BTW, correction: the Laser Turret also suffers from occasional "failure to fire".

I'm wondering if you're doing something special or are using a special weapon because we cannot reproduce the problem at all.

If it happens to you again - please make a backup of your save game and send it to us (you can attach zip files here). The save games can be found at C:\Users\{YOUR_USERNAME}\AppData\Local\RSG\Saved\SaveGames We would need both the CurrentPlayerSave.sav as well as the CurrentRunSave.sav

Regarding the turret: There is a known issue that the turret does not shoot after a cutscene is played. This will be fixed in the next version

I'm wondering if you're doing something special or are using a special weapon

Could it be because I didn't start a new game after upgrading to the current version plus DLC? I simply installed and continued with my existing playthrough.
    Also I'm using a "trainer" cheat which gives the player-ship infinite hull on request (F1).
    I shall be happy to provide you with my saves the next time I enter a cell with a drone carrier.

turret .... This will be fixed in the next version

Ah thanks, that's good to know!

By the way, the settings for "customize controls" > Thrust Axis don't get applied. They always reset themselves to 0.1 / 1.
    Well I have to apologize for causing inconvenience. Turns out the "trainer" was responsible for the alleged drone carrier "bug". Without the trainer injecting itself into the game process, the drone carrier dropped its shields like it's supposed to and I was able to defeat it comfortably.
    Sorry about that!
    @admins - feel free to delete this thread at any time.

P.S. What I wrote about "thrust axis" still holds true though.

P.P.S. Here are some screenshots for whomever wants to enjoy them. Thanks for a great (albeit sadistic) game!
    https://imgur.com/a/scNqH