Version 1.2.2 released on Xbox One and Windows Store

ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 843Moderator
We've finally managed to bring the Xbox One and Windows Store version up to date (including a large number of tweaks and bugfixes as well as the Hardcore Mode). Please note that the Encounters Expansion is not ready, yet and is scheduled for February/March 2018.

Unfortunately, it took a lot longer than we'd hoped for to port the game to Unreal Engine 4.16. Thanks a lot for your patience!

Here's the list of changes (compiled of versions 1.0.8 - 1.2.2)

New Features
  • Added Hardcore Mode
  • Added new device: Drone Disassembler
  • Added new device: Target Decelerator
  • Added new consumable: Plasma-Powered-Jump
  • Added a spectator camera that can be activated during Action Freeze mode
  • Added two new gamepad schemes that switch the mappings of thrust and hover
Tweaks
  • Don't allow energy consumption mod on energy discharger
  • Outlaw Snipers can no longer be affected by Mainframe Override
  • Outlaw Drone Carriers will no longer override player drones
  • Outlaw hangars will no longer spawn ships if there are too many outlaws present already
  • The ARC-9000 will no longer damage friendly units
  • Improved Gunship turret accuracy
  • Increased Gunship Loadout B Light Missile amount from 10 to 20
  • Increased dark matter spawn chance around black holes
  • Slightly increased G&B freight container loot chance
  • Adjusted sector 2 environment colors to look less like sector 5
  • Set LOD scaling to less agressive values
  • Hardcore runs now also count towards the "Fast and Fragile" and "Slow and Sturdy" achievements
  • Buffed Gunship: Starts stronger (more hitpoints, more armor, more energy regeneration, increased boost) but ends up with same values as before when fully perked
  • Slightly reduced enemy accuracy on "Hard" difficulty
  • Increased HUD visibility when sensors are damaged
  • Slightly reduced Okkar Drone burst duration
  • Slightly reduced Coil Gun spread
  • Destroyed ships no longer deal collision damage while tailspinning
  • Show message when fuel limit is reached
  • Show current cooldown of devices, secondary weapons ammo and consumables amount in selection wheel
  • Increased Temporal Anti-Aliasing sharpness
  • Added a "fully mined" indication sound
  • Used a special warning sound for silo missiles
  • Initial loading time is much shorter now
Bugfixes
  • Add more safety to preventing Okkar Forces from jumping in during cutscenes
  • Fix Okkar Gunship MK2 occasionally hitting itself with own projectile
  • Fixed player wrecks neither having names nor any loot
  • Fixed missile warnings sounds and hud markers still being present after missile lifetime expired
  • Fixed flashback videos not correctly fading out when watching and skipping in hangar
  • Fixed G&B freighters sometimes having no loot at all
  • Fixed player jumping out of cutscenes if jump beacon was targeted beforehand
  • Fixed unspent credits warning sometimes showing even though there were no perks available to spend credits on
  • Fixed incorrect display of modded turret attributes
  • Fixed some mods not working properly on missile turret
  • Hopefully prevent Ancient Wardens from teleporting outside of level bounds
  • Fixed Mine Cluster recharging Okkar Corvette shields
  • Fixed drones occasionally straying too far from drone owner
  • Fixed Sensory Overload enhancement sometimes not uncovering everything
  • Made some minor adjustments in the Polish translation
  • Fixed a bug where the Ancient Warden would not blind the player
  • Fixed Admiral Gorc codex entry not unlocking
  • Berserker enhancement: Do not interrupt jump focus when boosting, reset kill timer when destroying shield generators
  • Fixed player drones having full health after each jump regardless of any perks
  • Fixed wrong ship banking values in Action Freeze Mode leading to jumpy contrails
  • Fixed Okkar Corvette Energy Discharge firing if player is cloaked
  • Fixed Okkar Frigate not dealing collision damage when destroyed
  • Prevented opening the pause menu while the player is jumping via jumpgate
  • Fixed a bug where clones would not spawn again if once killed and then exited out of the run and continued
  • Fixed infinite loop bug when selecting previous consumables if there is an empty slot at the end
  • Fixed Okkar Corvette Mk2 plasma cannons not becoming friendly when Corvette gets mainframe-overridden
  • Fixed Missile Turret device not all stats being displayed
  • Fixed thermal beam not being affected by sound fx volume settings
  • Fixed wrong Gunship device slot amount showing in perks screen
  • Fixed "Scanning..." message occasionally not being removed
  • Fixed Okkar forces and Warships jumping in with Low Profile Glyph equipped during story missions
  • Fixed fuel being restored after a jumpgate jump when having the Fuel Conservation glyph equipped
  • Fixed teleporter device wall hack
  • Fixed very last mission not progressing correctly
  • Fixed Predetermination glyph incorrectly removing all jump suppressors

Comments

• HellekHellek Posts: 1Member
    Is the Windows version also going to get Virtual Reality support? I just got myself Mixed Reality glasses and they are pretty awesome. Unfortunately, Everspace seems to support VR only on steam though, but I bought the game on Windows Store (in September 2016, long time ago :-) ).
  • ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Posts: 366Administrator
    Hi @Hellek

Due to the fact that we have to work with a separate technical branch of UE4 under UWP (Universal Windows Platform) supporting the Windows 10 Store has been a significant and ongoing challenge for us since Everspace was released as Game Preview back in 2016.

Unfortunately, being a small and self-funded indie team, we have to be very careful about how many development hours we allocate to each platform. Therefore, supporting special peripherals with a comparatively low install base in general and especially on a fairly new platform like UWP combined with extra challenges in dealing with a different UE branch plus much higher certification standards by the platform holder means chances are low that we will support VR or MR headsets, or HOTAS in Everspace on the Windows 10 Store anytime soon if at all.

We understand this is quite a bummer for anyone owning such hardware. You might even argue if we supported such hardware we would see the positive result in better sales. However, that's a bet that we don't have the funds for to make. Furthermore, we have a responsibility to enable the best core game experience for any Everspace fan on any platform that we decide to support.

Right now, we are focusing on 4K support for Xbox One X and bringing the Encounters DLC to the entire Xbox family in Q1 next year. I hope that makes sense!?

Best,
    Michael
  • DarthFlatWhiteDarthFlatWhite Posts: 29Member
    Overall pretty happy with 1.2.2 on Xbox. Can't wait for 4K support as I have an X and Everspace looks beautiful as is, so 4K should be fantastic.

Really like some of the tweaks with sound changes, new devices ansd consumables.

I did see some crashes while returning to the main menu from normal or hardcore mode that I didn't see before, but can't reproduce them. Just noting down in case anyone else had anything similar.

For Hardcore mode, the overall idea is great and I love that the final from the beta is being reworked as the final level, as that was pretty good when I played it in the beta. Have had a few runs, but it's pretty hard, which is fine!

Having a different colour scheme is good, but I find the red dominated scheme a bit difficult to see in some systems.
  • The_GregsterThe_Gregster Posts: 3Member
    Literally so excited for some new content. :)
    Can't wait for the expansion.

I can't see it on the changelog, did you manage to fix the issue with achievements failing to unlock whilst offline?
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 843Moderator

Literally so excited for some new content. :)

Can't wait for the expansion.

I can't see it on the changelog, did you manage to fix the issue with achievements failing to unlock whilst offline?

Yes, the achievement problems should be fixed now.