Analog Translation centers/locks cursor briefly

LomsorLomsor Posts: 2Kickstarter Backer, Space Cat
Hello,

I overjoyed when I saw that now it was possible to bind analog axis to various ship movement.

So I set up my input device to control all lateral axis.
It worked nice.

Except for the issue that whenever I used my analog input device it briefly put the aiming reticule in the center of the screen. Sometimes even locking it there and making my mouse unresponsive. Firing weapons somewhat counteracted but I'm not sure if it locked translational movement in return.

I looked for an option to disable this behaviour but even with all the "center cursor" options disabled it still did it.

It kind of makes it impossible to use a mouse and a joystick at the same time. I would quite enjoy that possibility.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 954Moderator
    Hi, sorry, it's currently not possible to use mouse and joystick at the same time. And adding this feature would be quite a task for us, so it's unlikely that it is going to happen.

You could give one thing a try and enable the option "use touchpad to move crosshair" - this might fix it somewhat for you
  • LomsorLomsor Posts: 2Kickstarter Backer, Space Cat
    edited November 2017

You could give one thing a try and enable the option "use touchpad to move crosshair" - this might fix it somewhat for you

Err ... wow. This actually did it. It fixed it completely.

Thank you!

Seems like it is possible to use both after all. ;) Definetly looking forward to do some more playtroughs like this.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 954Moderator
    Glad this worked, I was hoping it would, but was unsure if pressing the mouse button would then cause the same problem. Glad it doesn't