Major expansion "EVERSPACE™ - Encounters" released

ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 900Moderator
edited June 8 in NEWS
Encounters is the first major expansion for EVERSPACE™, enriching the game world with new story characters and questlines, a brand-new player ship, freighter-loads of novel equipment, additional enemies, and much more.

This expansion is as of now available on Steam and GOG. We currently can't give you a release date for the Xbox and Windows Store, as we currently don't have a working Windows Store version.

A NEW RIDE
Impress your peers with the new Colonial Sentinel, a medium fighter craft, and make use of its powerful shield and advanced electronic warfare capabilities. Mileage may vary.

NEW FRIENDS?
Play five new quest lines and meet new characters, each with their own motivations and agendas. Ever met a robot bounty hunter with a French accent who would rather create than destroy? Of course not. Or an alien scientist who sends you on a hunt for space creatures? That's right. Creatures... in space.

EXTRA FIREPOWER
Six new primary and secondary weapons, such as Lightning Guns and Plasma Throwers, will ensure continued enjoyment when dispatching your opponents. Ever wanted to barrage multiple foes at once with projectiles? The Seeker Missile Battery aims to please. You deserve this.

TOOLS OF THE TRADE
EMP Generators? Decoy Holograms? Why, yes! More than ten additional devices and consumables will make surviving Cluster 34... as hard as before. But even more fun.

THE FINAL TOUCH
If you're not too busy dying, the new G&B factory stations are well worth a visit. Here you can upgrade your ship, refine resources, and delay your inevitable fate by means of repairs.

WAIT... THERE'S MORE?
If a simple paint job didn't do it for you, why not fly in style with one of the five new fashionable ship skins? And if your journey isn't challenging enough already, we've got you covered with even more achievements. Happy hunting, pilots. Try not to die.

Comments

• stargazerstargazer Posts: 8Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    oh boy gotta go .. im off to buy buy buy bye bye :-)
  • martizmartiz Posts: 1Space Cat
    I suppose that this expansion isn't included as a bonus reward for backers from the Kickstarter campaign, right?
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,087Moderator, Space Cat
    martiz said:

I suppose that this expansion isn't included as a bonus reward for backers from the Kickstarter campaign, right?

Only if you purchased the Space Pro tier or higher (which includes "Life time season pass to get upcoming DLCs for free").
  • mashdownmashdown Posts: 1Member

Just wondering, haven’t seen a recent post if everspace is coming to ps4, last post I saw about this was Jan. 2016
    mashdown said:

Just wondering, haven’t seen a recent post if everspace is coming to ps4, last post I saw about this was Jan. 2016

It still is, though we ask for your patience as this will take some time to do so. More details will be made known as progress is made, don't worry!
  • ZoritaZorita Posts: 19Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Warrior
    edited October 2017
    Waoh, the ship and new equipments from this expansion are quite nice !
    but didn't find any plasma thrower yet :( By the way, are there "mk2" versions of Lightning gun and Plasma thrower ?
    The single Lightning Gun and Plasma Thrower (as well as the Goo Gun and Neutron Cannon) are the only versions that exists.
  • RhoddersRhodders Posts: 26Member
    The expansion is beyond fantastic. Well worth the asking price and more. I think this game is the one to convince myself I need a VR set-up. Great job, people.
    \,,/_
    Rhodders said:

The expansion is beyond fantastic. Well worth the asking price and more. I think this game is the one to convince myself I need a VR set-up. Great job, people.
    \,,/_

completely agree its an amazing bit of dlc and im thinking the vr route also smiley:
    smiley lol epic fail :-)
  • RezRez Posts: 12Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Rogue

martiz said:

Only if you purchased the Space Pro tier or higher (which includes "Life time season pass to get upcoming DLCs for free").
    Any idea how we check our tier?
    edited November 2017
    Rez said:

Any idea how we check our tier?

Checking the email associated with your Kickstarter account should have sent you a receipt of which tier you purchased. There are also badges that help identify certain tiers as well (for instance, your badge says "Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Rogue," which indicates you are the Space Rogue tier).

EDIT: I looked up what a Space Rogue would have received. Here's the list (from Kickstarter):

SPACE ROGUE (Pledge €125 or more)
    - Hi-5 to a new breed of space game - YEAH!
    - A set of super cool EVERSPACE™ wallpapers
    - Special "Backer" badge to your forum account
    - A DRM-free copy of the full game distributed via Steam
    - Exclusive Beta access
    - The orignal digital soundtrack of EVERSPACE™
    - Your name in the credits
    - Exclusive Alpha access
    - Add a name to the player character database in-game
    - The original digital artbook of EVERSPACE™
    - Bunch of credits to boost your ship
    - High-quality poster print of a gorgeous orbit in EVERSPACE™
    - Unlock a capella sound FX perfomed by the team (KS exclusive)
    - Unlock a random tier 1 blueprint
    - Special rogue-style skin + buff for your ship (KS exclusive)
    - Add a name to the enemy character database in-game

Space Pro (Pledge €250 or more) is the first tier to offer the game's lifetime season pass to get upcoming DLCs for free.
  • lucianoangelinilucianoangelini Posts: 18Member
    Ciao Ragazzi....
    Io non ne posso più di aspettare...voglio l'ultimo aggiornamento sulla mia Xbox One...vi prego!!!!
    Quanto ci vuole ancora???
    Un saluto a tutti e buon lavoro
    edited November 2017

Ciao Ragazzi....
    Io non ne posso più di aspettare...voglio l'ultimo aggiornamento sulla mia Xbox One...vi prego!!!!
    Quanto ci vuole ancora???
    Un saluto a tutti e buon lavoro

Hello @lucianoangelini, XBox One's update is coming February, 2018.

Thank you for your continued patience as the team optimizes the content for the console!
  • RandallRandall Posts: 1Common Backer, Customer
    Just got a new Xbox last night. Games looks and runs amazingly. Totally worth the price (cheaper than upgrading my PC to run it the same way). Looking forward to the update.
  • ShemplerShempler Posts: 1Member
    I'm playing it on PC and it looks gorgeous. It looked gorgeous in Early Access too. :)
  • doobiesnaxdoobiesnax Posts: 21Member
    I regularly check this forum to find out if there is any news on the Xbox expansion....can't wait!
  • Valhallas GuardValhallas Guard Posts: 1Member
    February march for the new content on Xbox and Microsoft. Can't wait but I could have sworn it used to be early feb
  • ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Posts: 372Administrator
    First, we have to make sure the core game runs properly on the entirey Xbox family, but we're getting there:
  • LunoruLunoru Posts: 77Member, Common Alpha Backer
    The expansion is amazing, it made me return back to the game, been playing 15 hours +
    News Xbox One Enc????
  • hilfihilfi Posts: 1Member
    Awesome! :-)
  • ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Posts: 372Administrator
    Next week, we'll start working on bringing Encounters to the entire Xbox family. Again, making sure the DLC also unlocks properly on UWP will be the main challenge. Should be just a matter of weeks.
  • doobiesnaxdoobiesnax Posts: 21Member
    Annnnnnny news for us Xbox guys and gals? I check in every week to see if any new news is out about the expansion. Really could do with playing this game again, but want to wait for the new content first.

How successful has the game been? I’m pretty sure you won’t answer this part, but I really do hope it was a successful and you will continue to update and improve, this game hooked me for weeks, and really could do with playing a decent game again!
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 900Moderator

Annnnnnny news for us Xbox guys and gals? I check in every week to see if any new news is out about the expansion. Really could do with playing this game again, but want to wait for the new content first.

How successful has the game been? I’m pretty sure you won’t answer this part, but I really do hope it was a successful and you will continue to update and improve, this game hooked me for weeks, and really could do with playing a decent game again!

We're currently working on the expansion for xbox - we're still busy setting the whole thing up in the microsoft/xbox store backend. We'll probably need a couple more days till it's done and then we have to go through certification (which can take days or weeks, depending on the problems that occur).

There are no plans for further expansions or major updates after this one.
    Ciao Ragazzi, a che punto siete con l'espansione Enc per Xbox?
    Non vedo l'ora di ricominciare a giocare al mio Game preferito...
    Forza Ragazzi!!!
    Per il prossimo titolo mi raccomando...
    Un Gioco tipo questo con in più la possibilità di scendere sui pianeti alieni sarebbe stupendo.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 900Moderator

Ciao Ragazzi, a che punto siete con l'espansione Enc per Xbox?

Non vedo l'ora di ricominciare a giocare al mio Game preferito...

Forza Ragazzi!!!

Per il prossimo titolo mi raccomando...

Un Gioco tipo questo con in più la possibilità di scendere sui pianeti alieni sarebbe stupendo.

Hi we've made good progress and submitted the expansion to Microsoft just yesterday. Let's hope that it passes certification without any problems. Either way, it looks like you won't have to wait much longer.
    Buongiorno...
    A che punto siamo con Enc per X Box?
  • Chiron69Chiron69 Posts: 1Member
    Dear sir.

Do you happen to know if Everspace for Xbox One support HOTAS joysticks? ;-)
    Best wishes
    Chiron69