The Colourblindness is great, unless you can't see red.

ES_5328ES_5328 Posts: 1Member
The colourblind option in the menu is great, it really clears a few things up and makes some stuff easier to see -- except enemies. I can't see red properly, so having the enemy colour remain a fairly neutral red means I still can't see them properly. It makes aiming a nightmare too since I have to mostly guess where the lead marker is. Can we have a few more colour blindness options where enemies change to Purple, or preferably have a set up where we can choose the colours of main HUD groups (G&B colours, Hostile colours, Item colours etc etc)?

Comments

• ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 533Moderator
    Thanks for the feedback. Yes, it would be best to let the user configure the colors. Maybe we could implement this at some time.
  • invenioinvenio Posts: 103Member
    Yes, the colorblind option was a wonderful addition. Makes playing the game much easier for many of us!
  • steve69steve69 Posts: 1Member
    I actually just came to post a thread on this.

I have trouble with both red and blue. It is very challenging to spot both enemies and resource pickups. Neutral fleets and containers aren't a problem. The only way for me to see enemies/resources is to get behind an asteroid or similar so I can see them on a dark background. Even then, I usually end up calling someone to help me.

I am really thankful when a colour-blind mode is available in a game. I am a fan of the id engine used by Doom, since it has settings for multiple types of colour-blindness. I am especially fond of games like creeper world, where you can actively change the colours to whatever you want.