When are you going to add achievements in gog ??

TrogloditaTroglodita Posts: 2Member
When are you going to add achievements in gog ??

In the gog forums several users were told that the achievements would be added. Other developers added them but you did not.

In the end you will not add achievements?

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 984Moderator
    Hi,

I don't think we ever planned or promised to add achievements to the GOG version. At least I'm not aware of anyone from Rockfish promising that we're going to have them - please correct me if I'm wrong.

But since you're asking, I'm wondering how big of a demand there actually is. If more than a handful of people are requesting it we might add them - but we will have to discuss this interally, first. Unfortunately adding these to GOG will take more time than we needed for the Steam or Xbox achievements, which are supported by Unreal Engine out-of-the-box. So my estimate would be that one of us would need at least a week or two to add them - and currently we are very busy trying to get patches 1.1.0-1.1.3 ready for Xbox and the Windows Store (they're still not released there) and we're also working on a DLC and the Linux version. Plus we're always busy with fixing bugs - so we really got our hands full at the moment.
  • TrogloditaTroglodita Posts: 2Member
    Yes, in the forums of gog and steam several users asked that you add achievements.

Many developers in gog have added achievements, cloud save or overclay to their games, as have created the rime or man or cosair for example.

It is a disrespect to the players who pay for your game if on a platform like steam you put some options and in gog not when the price is the same.

If you do not want to make achievements, you should lower the price relative to steam.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,094Moderator, Space Cat
    Hey @Troglodita , wanted to chime in here.

The developers have a LOT of things they wish they could bring to the game on all platforms for all players, but the reality is that their time and energy is quite limited in order to reach specific deadlines.

There needs to be good reason for the team to spend two weeks of work on a new feature. If there are a LOT of people desiring the inclusion of GOG achievements, then I know the devs would be diving in immediately. But as of this moment, looking around the GOG forums only shows a light desire for this addition.

[Not having achievements] is a disrespect to the players who pay for your game if on a platform like steam you put some options and in gog not when the price is the same.

I don't think achievements should ever be paid for by a consumer, because achievements have no weight in the game itself regarding its gameplay or mechanics. Personally, I do not agree with developers who would charge more for their game just because they offer achievements.

I can tell you're passionate about your request, but the time and energy it requires of the team needs to be validated. Pulling the team off of the current set of priorities (DLC content, XBox versioning, PS4 support, general bug-fixing, etc) for features outside of the game itself (achievements) needs to have a powerfully high demand in order to be considered. If the demand continues to grow, I can assure you the team will make it happen.