VR on Windows Store

coolguy1076coolguy1076 Posts: 3Member
I recently bought a game of Everspace off of Game stop because a friend gave me a gift card. I only very recently found out that it was not a Steam copy but a Windows Store copy (Game stop did not specify this, I found out when I tried the code on Steam and it failed). I was interested in Everspace almost purely for the VR aspect. I have not found a way to launch the Windows Store copy in VR. If there is a way, please tell me how. If there isn't, then I have a scathing letter to write to Game stop, and a Steam copy that I wish to get from the developers.

Comments

• coolguy1076coolguy1076 Posts: 3Member
    I have been wanting to play this game in VR off the windows store. How?
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,056Moderator, Space Cat
    This is a great question. @ROCKFISH_Till should have a direct answer for you regarding these details.
  • ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Posts: 365Administrator
    Let met jump in, here. We have to work with a special branch of UE4 to support UWP and we have been experiencing at lot of technical issues since we started using it back in July 2016. There even were issues that could not been fixed by us at all and we had to wait until they got fixed by our partners. Now, VR comes with a lot of extra challenges and, being a small studio with very limited resources, we simply cannot say if and when VR support will be available for Everspace on the Windows Store, but we don't want to rule it out either.
  • coolguy1076coolguy1076 Posts: 3Member
    @ROCKFISH_Till what should I do?
  • ROCKFISH_TillROCKFISH_Till HamburgPosts: 28Member, Moderator
    Hello there! I can only second Michael, we currently can't guarantee a VR release for Windows Store.