Defeat Admiral Gorc Achievement not unlocking (XBox One) [spoilers]

DrZottDrZott Posts: 7Member
There seems to be a problem with unlocking the achievement for defeating the last boss. Since all the dialogues and mechanics triggered without problems, the issue doesnt seem to be related to the other reported bug here in the forums.

Version: latest Version on Xbox-One

It took me three tries to finish the boss:

- reached the boss on hard carrying one fragment. Launched two missiles.
- reached the boss on normal. 4/5 boss hp left. Died after launching another missile
- reached the boss on normal. Finished the boss but achievment did not unlock

It would be great if you guys could look into the issue.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,027Moderator
    I don't think there's anything wrong with the achievement trigger logic, I did several tests and looking at the (sinple) code I can't see any problems. I can however confirm that there is a problem when unlocking an achievement in the game while being offline (no connection to xbox live) or receiving more than one achievement at the same time (this can affect all achievements, not only the "defeat admiral gorc" achievement). In these cases the game stores the achievements as unlocked in the save game and unreal engine also saves them as achieved in some ini file somewhere, but the achievement does not make it through to xbox live. Now when syncing achievements we first check if achievemetns were already achieved before submitting them using an unreal function "getachievementprogress" - we were assuming that these pull the info from xbox live, but it seems that they retrieve the values stored in the ini file.

To cut a long story short - we're trying to find workarounds for this, it's probably fixable by "spamming" xbox live no matter what the achievement state in "getachivementprogress" says. So I'd wait for the next update saying that this issue is fixed before trying again.
  • DrZottDrZott Posts: 7Member
    That might be the right conclusion since I also unlocked the "finish a run in 60 minutes" achievement when beating the boss.

For my part it would help if the game does the unlocking also when loading the progress from the savegame at the start of the game.

• DrZottDrZott Posts: 7Member
    Will the missing achievements be unlocked during startup once the patch goes live on xbox ?

Do you have an estimation once 1.3.3 will be deployed on xbox ?
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,027Moderator
    Hi, yes, the achievement triggering will be fixed. Sorry, I can't make a good estimate as we're currently struggling with the Windows Store port. Since 4.16 it took as a really long time to make a windows store build. Now we're failing to get any connection to Xbox Live with the windows store version. We're working with Microsoft on the problem, but no success, yet and we can only release on Xbox once this is fixed due to PlayAnywhere and save game compatibility. This could take a while it seems