Name Changes?

AsmodaiAsmodai Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 17
I clicked the Edit Profile button as the invitation email says and changed my "Nickname" and "Display name publicly as" fields but my posts still seem to be signed with my "Username". The Username field doesn't seem to be editable for me on the Edit Profile screen. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    edited January 2016
    Save, then log out.
    When you log back in, it should be an option. After selecting your new name, log out again.
    Once you log in again, voila!

A little tedious, but such things happen on a forum that hasn't been live very long.

Edit: I see you figured it out! ;-)
  • AsmodaiAsmodai Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 17
    Thanks!
    I got the save and repeat to get the "Nickname" value to add to the "Display name publicly as" drop down so I could select it but I was missing the log completely out and back in to have it all take effect step. Seems to be working now.
  • MylesMyles Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 1
    Are we going to have an option to change the Username? I will never be able to remember the assigned one.
  • hektonianhektonian Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 8
    Myles said:

Are we going to have an option to change the Username? I will never be able to remember the assigned one.

Uwe says that usernames can't be changed. Last row on the first post in this thread:
    http://forum.everspace-game.com/discussion/32/how-to-change-your-public-name
  • Blood DragonBlood Dragon Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Rogue Posts: 2
    Ah, this thread helped me a lot. Couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Thanks, @Giraffasaur!
  • acecomacecom Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 7
    edited January 2016
    how i can Change my username ????
  • RaptorAlphaRaptorAlpha Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Pro Posts: 67
    edited January 2016
    You can't. But you can change the Nickname and Public Name. That's what you see on the forum anyway.