Xbox Achievements

The_GregsterThe_Gregster Posts: 3Member
First off, just want to say I love the game. Already sunk about 50 hours into it.

There's an issue when unlocking xbox achievements offline.

I should have unlocked "The Way You're Meant to Die" and "Proud Owner" when I completed the achievements but I did so offline.

I have followed the advice on the forum below to force an achievement update (more than once) https://forums.xbox.com/en-US/thread/88E985A3-4139-430C-9400-93771D0C1004 but it still hasn't unlocked after 10 days.

whilst onlice, I have played through the sectors again and reached the lab several times. I've since bought the Colonial Gunship and both achievements haven't unlocked. I have since unlocked other achievements and these remain unlocked.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 990Moderator
    I've just made this comment here, elsewhere - it should apply to your problem as well:

I don't think there's anything wrong with the achievement trigger logic, I did several tests and looking at the (sinple) code I can't see any problems. I can however confirm that there is a problem when unlocking an achievement in the game while being offline (no connection to xbox live) or receiving more than one achievement at the same time (this can affect all achievements, not only the "defeat admiral gorc" achievement). In these cases the game stores the achievements as unlocked in the save game and unreal engine also saves them as achieved in some ini file somewhere, but the achievement does not make it through to xbox live. Now when syncing achievements we first check if achievemetns were already achieved before submitting them using an unreal function "getachievementprogress" - we were assuming that these pull the info from xbox live, but it seems that they retrieve the values stored in the ini file.

To cut a long story short - we're trying to find workarounds for this, it's probably fixable by "spamming" xbox live no matter what the achievement state in "getachivementprogress" says. So I'd wait for the next update saying that this issue is fixed before trying again.
  • The_GregsterThe_Gregster Posts: 3Member
    Thanks very much for the update.

Really looking forward to the Patch and extra mode. Already logged 80 hours and I'm hungry for more content :)
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,095Moderator, Space Cat

Thanks very much for the update.

Really looking forward to the Patch and extra mode. Already logged 80 hours and I'm hungry for more content :)

You're going to LOVE Hardcore Mode. I simply cannot get enough! :open_mouth: