Future Ship Unlockables in new update

Zack1989Zack1989 Posts: 24Member
In the oncoming update, will there be an additional ships accessible other than current Colonial Interceptor, Scouts & Gunship?
How about do so by adding blueprint which can be located at Derelict Colonial Station and each newest ship requires 3-4 blueprint parts to unlock access to credit purchase..
I suggest 1 Heavy Fighter, Bomber & 1 prototype ship (maybe hybrid of Heavy Fighter & Gunship or something) for a start including whatever you guys had in mind..

Comments

• Zack1989Zack1989 Posts: 24Member
    Accepted Answer
    I hope to play the ship from Starlancer if it's possible at least 1 or 2.. Preferably Phoenix & Shroud or maybe Tempest & Wolverine

I think Phoenix will be a heavy fighter class, Shroud would be hybrid of Scout and Interceptor, Wolverine as heavy gunship and lastly Tempest as Bomber

Well, at least anything like those are welcome although it doesn't need to be the same module if it's become an issue..
  • Stealth fingerStealth finger Posts: 5Member
    I'd love to be able to use the g&b, okkar or outlaw fighters.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,093Moderator, Space Cat

I'd love to be able to use the g&b, okkar or outlaw fighters.

If modding ever becomes a thing, this wouldn't be terribly difficult to pull off as "skins" of the current ships.

Personally, I'm hoping the fourth playable ship is something of a multi-class. Something that lumbers around with the power of the Gunship but can transforms to enable mobility like the Scout. The only thing I could think of that makes any sense to something of this nature would be the S-Foils opening/closing of an X-Wing.

We'll see what the team comes up with, though!
  • rayriflepierayriflepie Posts: 6Member
    I suggested a few months earlier it would be nice to play as the Trader.
    How about adding a new fighter ship that allows dual-shield devices or mini-sized carrier ship with ability to launch few squad of swarm fighter type for example (consider it as using secondary weapon slot instead of consumable version) or a heavy fighter class ship with it's own unique weapon which cannot be removed except one-time upgrades (although it might be possible to add 3 upgrade slot) or smaller corvette-type ship with 1 main weapon, 2 secondary weapon and 3-4 device turret but don't have consumable slot upgrade because they have 5 slot to compensate and the consumable amount can be doubled at ship perks upgrade..
    I'll explain it.. Main Shield are as usual and second one use like emergency shield but not reaching zero hull point which drains energy core if main shield is down, if not disables shield regeneration for a short duration.. It's temporarily invulnerable as long as you're not entering black hole.

For mini-sized carrier ship to launch squad of swarm fighter, it similar to using consumable drones but only in the current location and cannot be brought into next one.. It's also equipped with 2 device turret which act independently (passive turret) and have 4 secondary weapon for use but only limited choice of 1 primary weapon type
    Zack1989 said:

I'll explain it.. New fighter class which have dual-shield type goes like this.. Main Shield works as usual and second one use like emergency shield but not reaching zero hull point which drains energy core if main shield is down, if not disables shield regeneration for a short duration.. It's temporarily invulnerable as long as you're not entering black hole.

For mini-sized carrier ship to launch squad of swarm fighter, it similar to using consumable drones but only in the current location and cannot be brought into next one.. It's also equipped with 2 device turret which act independently (passive turret) and have 4 secondary weapon for use but only limited choice of 1 primary weapon type

Next one would be a heavy fighter class that has strength as a large Gunship but higher mobility like Interceptor except it comes with unique weapons which cannot be crafted or removed and also have a turret like Gunship. It comes with 2 primary weapon and 3 secondary weapon (Including its unique weapon) , 4 devices and 4 consumable slot... It's unique ship upgrade might be the ability to fire 2 primary weapon simultaneously and 2 secondary weapon (incompatible for charging slot and rapid-fire one) with only 50% energy consumed instead of doubled or tripled..