GoG.com Games in Development support?

AsmodaiAsmodai Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 17
Yesterday GOG.com announced their version of Steam Early Access called Games In Development.
I backed this game for the DRM-free version and was wondering if there is any chance that the "Early Access" versions would support this new GOG option as well.

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    Rockfish mentions in the backer milestones who will have access to Alpha and Beta versions of the game. Unfortunately, it does not include Space Cats like you and me.

Perhaps they'll have a means to upgrade your kickstarter level, though. :-\
  • AsmodaiAsmodai Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 17
    edited January 2016
    I'm aware my current backer level doesn't allow it. I specifically didn't back at a higher level because Alpha/Beta versions were to be delivered via Steam early access and I didn't want the Steam version. Gog.com literally just announced their Early Access version yesterday though so if Rockfish plans to support it I would consider raising my pledge (if that's even still possible) to one which allow me access to the Games in Development Alpha/Beta version. If Rockfish does NOT intend to support the Gog.com early access program with Alpha/Beta releases then I'm happy with my current pledge level.
  • Kurzon MorrisKurzon Morris Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 73
    I suspect the gog early access would not be a thing rockfish will be going for, one its gog deciding who goes and two apparently there are very strict requirements that must be met to get in and three they said there doing a trial(i read somewhere) with the current developers.

i suspect the alpha/beta (which i hope to join asap) will get a steam key and when released the drm free key will then come through for gog.
    It doesn't hurt to ask. Based off of their FAQ statement:
    "About GOG, we have reached out to the guys and they really like EVERSPACE from what they can see and that the community is excited about it too."
    Gog "really like EVERSPACE" so it doesn't seem completely out of the question that they would decide to include them in their Games in development program.
    As for the "very strict requirements" you mention they cover that as well at the end of the same FAQ point: "we don’t have any doubt that we will pass their testing as we have passed even the most akward tests supporting hundreds of different devices for mobile carriers back in the days."

I don't have Steam installed on my PC nor do I ever intend to install it so getting the alpha/beta as a steam key would be useless to me even if they did give you a gog.com key of the game on release. (that's exactly why I didn't back at a higher level) I wouldn't hold your breath on getting a gog.com key though if you do the alpha/beta on Steam as they go into great lengths in the FAQ on how you can release DRM-free software via steam so there's a good chance Steam Alpha/Beta backers are going to get their DRM-free version via Steam as well. I'm not saying it will or won't, I have no idea but I certainly don't think it's safe to assume you're getting a gog.com key in addition to a steam alpha/beta key. If that's important to you I'd strongly suggest you verify that.
  • ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Administrator Posts: 373
    Hi guys, we're talking to GOG already. They are very excited about EVERSPACE. First, we have to make a solid Alpha and there is still plenty work ahead of us. As soon as we got some news we will let you know, of course!

Hi guys, we're talking to GOG already. They are very excited about EVERSPACE. First, we have to make a solid Alpha and there is still plenty work ahead of us. As soon as we got some news we will let you know, of course!

Well if you do decide to release betas on GoG Games in Development please consider allowing your non-Steam backers to upgrade their pledge to get beta access. I only limited my pledge to the tier I'm on because the Alpha/Betas required Steam which I'm not willing to install. I'd happy throw more money at you for Beta access on gog.com and I'm probably not alone. Thanks for the reply!

• LavalampeLavalampe Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 5
    I'm also looking forward for an GOG.com Version. It's imho the best choice for people with slower Internet connections if they have to format their PC and don't want to download a lot of GB again.