List of things that need to be added or changed (feel free to contribute)

LiberTeaLiberTea Posts: 24Member, Common Alpha Backer
edited May 2016 in ALPHA (READ ONLY)
Just gathering stuff I read a lot in other posts that really need to be added to the game or changed. Feel free to leave any suggestions of what to add.

Graphics:
- More settings (Not much more to say here, just as many settings we can get)

Controls:
- Sensitivity Sliders
- Mouse Deadzone
- Fully remapable controls (this is cofirmed to be on the way later down the road)

HUD:
- Easier to spot enemies (Different color then loot, customizable color for enemie/loot/objective)
- Minimap

Gameplay:
- Rework of the current energy system (having Boost, Main weapons and devices tied to the same ressource is overly limiting)

Anything you want to add to the list, just post it in the comments and I can add it to the list.

Also some personal thoughts:
-Rework of the missiles (Too high firerate, too good tracking, currently mainly used when energy runs out or when you want to snipe some drones before enegaging and dont have the shock rail) Something along the line of more Cooldown based, less tracking (maybe even some dumbfire missiles?) with less limited (maybe only limit per area) ammo or unlimited
- More enemy types, more variety in enemy ship loadouts.
- Improved faction system (Attacking terrans in one sector might -BEEP- of more then just that trader...) , trading (confirmed to come), more diffrent factions, "large" scale battles between them.

Comments

• RichTeaRichTea Posts: 15Member, Common Alpha Backer
    edited May 2016
    I'm not sure if we're covering it in the minimap item, as it would probably do it but I'm not sure how easily a 3D minimap can be read, but a sticking point for me for enemies/items in the HUD is distance. I would certainly like to be able to figure out distance of things based on icon size (larger = closer). That would also often help you in dogfights without needing different colors for enemies. I think this would be the biggest improvement to my experience so far.

I actually quite like having a single energy pool, but I may be in the minority there, and that's okay.

Enemy types and loadout variety I think is just because it's early alpha. If I recall it mentions enemy variety in the 'this is alpha' message on game start, so we certainly have that improvement to look forward to.

One other thing I would like is an estimated interceptors time. At the moment you get the warning moments before they arrive, and if they're too close or you don't have clean sight, you may not be able to jump away before they start shooting.
  • SoranSoran Posts: 95
    I'd like to see a radar of some sort implemented in hud and one for outside when in third person. That way you can have distance and location. When attacked your enemies should change colour and perhaps the targeted ship be more distinguishable both on radar and off. It would also be nice to change selected target to highest threat. As mentioned in another thread A cargo hold and scoop would be nice .
  • LiberTeaLiberTea Posts: 24Member, Common Alpha Backer
    Well, most space games have a minimap/Compass-ish map of some sorts. So it definitly is possible.
    I must agree though, a distance indicator would be really nice aswell as a estimated time till intercept.

Something that i noticed now, that I have collected a good amount of cash: Once you have a good amount of perks unlocked they game feels much "better". You are faster not sluggish and the energy pool is fine in its size and recharge rate.

This brings me to a something about the perk system. I really don't like its current form. It's all linear upgrades. Really dull. some more special perks would be far more intersting. Maybe even some "active" perks where you can only chose 1-2 per run but have a more drastic effect.
    Not being able to edit posts after an hour really sucks though....

HUD:
    - Distance indicator on enemies / items (not just when targeted)
    - Estimated time till intercept

Some additional personal thoughts:
    - The perk system in its current form is really dull. Only small stat upgrades rather then interesting unlocks. Some major perks that have more drastic effects, or "active" perks that you can only have 1-2 active per run but have major impact on how you play would be nice.
  • humanevilhumanevil Posts: 98Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    its been said in other threads but ill say it again have credits carry over to the next game play run as standard and then balance the cost of upgrades around that
    humanevil said:

its been said in other threads but ill say it again have credits carry over to the next game play run as standard and then balance the cost of upgrades around that

As in not lose all your credits at the start of a run? Hmm, Alright though I have to say i like that part, reminds me a lot of rogue legacy.
    Updated with all the suggestions:

Graphics:
    - More settings (Not much more to say here, just as many settings we can get)

Controls:
    - Sensitivity Sliders
    - Mouse Deadzone
    - Fully remapable controls (this is cofirmed to be on the way later down the road)

HUD:
    - Easier to spot enemies (Different color then loot, customizable color for enemie/loot/objective)
    - Minimap
    - Distance indicator on enemies / items (not just when targeted)
    - Estimated time till intercept

Gameplay:
    - Rework of the current energy system (having Boost, Main weapons and devices tied to the same ressource is overly limiting)
    - have credits carry over to the next game play run as standard and then balance the cost of upgrades around that

Some additional personal thoughts:
    - The perk system in its current form is really dull. Only small stat upgrades rather then interesting unlocks. Some major perks that have more drastic effects, or "active" perks that you can only have 1-2 active per run but have major impact on how you play would be nice.
    - -Rework of the missiles (Too high firerate, too good tracking, currently mainly used when energy runs out or when you want to snipe some drones before enegaging and dont have the shock rail) Something along the line of more Cooldown based, less tracking (maybe even some dumbfire missiles?) with less limited (maybe only limit per area) ammo or unlimited
  • RichTeaRichTea Posts: 15Member, Common Alpha Backer
    humanevil said:

I think there should be an appropriate cost to maintaining credits, such as losing 10%-20% of the credits you 'bank'. It means you can save up for stuff, but it's still more efficient to buy what you can, and therefore more efficient to stay alive longer. I also think we introduce a risk of farming short runs if it's too easy.

I haven't gotten far enough in yet to know enough for whether banking credits is a good idea or not, so I perhaps shouldn't be commenting ;)
  • EagleBurnEagleBurn Posts: 2Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    humanevil said:

I disagree. It would make the game too easy and thus, less rewarding.
    LiberTea said:

humanevil said:

As in not lose all your credits at the start of a run? Hmm, Alright though I have to say i like that part, reminds me a lot of rogue legacy.
    yea atm if you dont spend them you loose them but who knows once they have the m/kb and hotas in and sorted with all the options to go with them maybe just maybe it will eliminate the need for the tweeks ive suggested and others ??
    EagleBurn said:

humanevil said:

I disagree. It would make the game too easy and thus, less rewarding.
    there is a risk of that but i dont think i can say for sure until they get the controls sorted as atm the mouse curves seem pretty wonky even if i turn the sensativity down on my end, in fact when i do that it feels worse even though it helps with my aim
  • yezayeza Posts: 68
    why dont you guys post this in the 'suggestions' section?
    Yeza said:

why dont you guys post this in the 'suggestions' section?

Well alpha suits it just as well, but if it gets large enough ill post it again under suggestions
  • TaktikerTaktiker Posts: 11Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    edited May 2016
    The Deadzone...please :D
    And center the Mouse when coming out of a menu or jumppoint
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    Noted (all of it)
    RichTea said:

humanevil said:

I think there should be an appropriate cost to maintaining credits, such as losing 10%-20% of the credits you 'bank'. It means you can save up for stuff, but it's still more efficient to buy what you can, and therefore more efficient to stay alive longer. I also think we introduce a risk of farming short runs if it's too easy.

I haven't gotten far enough in yet to know enough for whether banking credits is a good idea or not, so I perhaps shouldn't be commenting ;)
    imo its not so much how far you get but sometimes you can get very few credits in a run and other times you can get a lot ive gone from 100 - 9k+ in any single run. but once the controls are sorted banking credits may well turn outto make the game to easy.