friendly ships.

OptmusprimeOptmusprime Posts: 3Common Alpha Backer
not sure if this is the correct place to post this but i cant seem to figure out what these ships purpose in life is for. i followed them till they jumped out and ignored them and doing both there is nothing. is there something i'm to be doing with them or there there just to be there,

Comments

  • RichTeaRichTea Posts: 15Member, Common Alpha Backer
    Well I think you can probably shoot them. You might also be able to lure enemy ships into range of them so you get support taking them down?

    It would be nice if going forward they're involved in some more structured ways, which is probably the plan. Perhaps defend them, steal from them, take cargo to/from them, and more.
  • MajoraMajora Posts: 1Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Blow them up and take their goods, go for the engines first so they cant warp out then go to town
  • OptmusprimeOptmusprime Posts: 3Common Alpha Backer
    ok. if they have no real use then i will just wipe them out and see if i can get some good things
  • KnopyKnopy Posts: 27Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    At the Moment, they are loot pinahtas. But I guess they will have different use later
  • AluMioNAluMioN Posts: 21Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Knopy said:

    At the Moment, they are loot pinahtas. But I guess they will have different use later

    Yep, and don't be afraid of the fighter ships that are protecting them. Compared to the alien and outlaw interceptors they are slow as a rock an easy to fight. Even if there are two of them you can attack the freighter first to take out his engines and then go after the fighters. They are way too easy to handle at the moment ;)
  • MrWoodchipMrWoodchip Posts: 53Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    An important point, aim for the boxes on the freighters, rather than the freighters as a whole. If you just blow up the whole ship, they drop some fuel and that's it, but if you destroy the boxes, each one will drop loot (or enemy drones)
  • AluMioNAluMioN Posts: 21Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr

    AluMioN said:


    Yep, and don't be afraid of the fighter ships that are protecting them.

    That's actually a bug. :'( Sad you had to experience it like that. They were supposed to be quite a tough enemy, equipped with a turret. We'll fix that soon - it will make the decision whether to loot a freighter or not more meaningful.

    I totally agree with this. A protection squad should not be so easy to beat :)
  • VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Posts: 107Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    You know, I was going to make a thread in the bug forums about them having turrets but still fighting as if they didn't, glad you guys already know about this, yeah they LOOK like they should be terrors to fight but currently of course aren't.
  • WanjiaWanjia Posts: 9Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Rogue
    I've always had the problem that they warped out on my before I could kill the big guy, surely I some some loot but not a lot as you would expect from a big guy.
  • AndersAnders Posts: 7Space Optimizr
    Majora said:

    Blow them up and take their goods, go for the engines first so they cant warp out then go to town

    That's not quite true. From what I've seen so far, you can brick all engines they have and they can still warp out. Just like with the ship you fly yourself, constant incoming fire (looking at you interceptors..) interrupts warp jumps consistently.
  • humanevilhumanevil Posts: 98Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Anders said:

    Majora said:

    Blow them up and take their goods, go for the engines first so they cant warp out then go to town

    That's not quite true. From what I've seen so far, you can brick all engines they have and they can still warp out. Just like with the ship you fly yourself, constant incoming fire (looking at you interceptors..) interrupts warp jumps consistently.
    this is correct ive destroyed frighters engines/thrusters and its still jumped out and left me looking like a sad panda lol
Sign In or Register to comment.