Galaxy on Fire

kyleluttermanlynch47kyleluttermanlynch47 Common Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 3
Since you guys also made the Galaxy on FIre games (which I absolutely loved by the way) I was wondering if we would see any references to those games. Thanks!

Comments

• Kurzon MorrisKurzon Morris Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 73
    I'd love it if its kinda like easter eggs, rather than universe continuation, i loved galaxy on fire but i really don't want to feel like i'm missing plot points cause its been years since i played GoF.

What happened in the game can u remember, my main memory is trading and trying to create a spreadsheet on approx prices in different systems hehe
  • ROCKFISH_SnoopROCKFISH_Snoop Moderator Posts: 92

Since you guys also made the Galaxy on FIre games (which I absolutely loved by the way) I was wondering if we would see any references to those games. Thanks!

I'd love it if its kinda like easter eggs, rather than universe continuation, i loved galaxy on fire but i really don't want to feel like i'm missing plot points cause its been years since i played GoF.

What happened in the game can u remember, my main memory is trading and trying to create a spreadsheet on approx prices in different systems hehe

Hey Kyle, Kurzon,

Everspace is not set in the same universe as the Galaxy on Fire series, so don't worry about missing out on story if you haven't played GoF. As for references or Easter eggs...I can neither confirm nor deny. ;)
  • Kurzon MorrisKurzon Morris Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 73

Hey Kyle, Kurzon,

Everspace is not set in the same universe as the Galaxy on Fire series, so don't worry about missing out on story if you haven't played GoF. As for references or Easter eggs...I can neither confirm nor deny. ;)

Sweet thanks, oh i'll raise ur ;) and give u a :*
  • HawkHawk Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 11
    As for references or Easter eggs...I can neither confirm nor deny. ;)
    Hmmmm ... very interesting! ;)
  • PelinthPelinth Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 10
    edited February 2016
    On the topic of GoF, did you reuse some of the Alien artworks or draw inspirations of the Aliens in GoF for Everspace aliens? Or are the aliens an original concept?

Oh, and I can't wait to find the Easter Eggs. There better be an achievement giving a curt nod to GoF. ;)
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Moderator Posts: 579
    No, nothing was reused.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    I would be incredibly surprised if there weren't Easter Eggs to Galaxy on Fire (or other popular sci-fi universes), considering the opportunities are abound.

Regardless, I'm super stoked about what Everspace will bring to the table.
  • CaptainYarrrCaptainYarrr Customer Posts: 2
    Galaxy on Fire is a very nice mobile game, looking forward to find some eastereggs
  • VraithVraith Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 5
    Look for shipwrecks. :p
  • ES_5118ES_5118 Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Rogue Posts: 9
    There IS a shipwreck with a log post by someone named maxwell who was supposibly shipping some valuable implants when his ship malfunctioned and something about a tentacle faced alien?
  • lowkee33lowkee33 Collector Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 17
    I love easter eggs can't wait to see what we find.
  • IslingrIslingr Member Posts: 2
    Well now I know why Galaxy on Fire 3 is absolutely terrible. I will be purchasing this game on PC when its released. Looking forward to playing it considering who you are and what you have shown of it. ;)
  • martianmellow12martianmellow12 Common Beta Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 5
    edited July 2016
    ES_5118 said:

There IS a shipwreck with a log post by someone named maxwell who was supposibly shipping some valuable implants when his ship malfunctioned and something about a tentacle faced alien?

Yeah, here's a link, I found it too: http://imgur.com/gallery/HxlJ6
    Are you sure they're not in the same universe, Rockfish? (Love the Mkkt Bkkt reference btw)
  • gkarrisgkarris Member, Common Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 71
    I don't know if this is the place to ask but...

I bought the original GOF games for my iPad 2 when they first came out and was wondering if you are going to make them AppleTV compatible - I hate gaming on a touchscreen and getting my dirty fingers all over beautiful games...

Thanks!
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,184
    gkarris said:

Not really, the rights to the GOF games are with Fishlabs (the company originally founded by the founders of Rockfish), as we're all not working there anymore and this is a new company, you will have to ask someone there.

But thanks for playing GOF and supporting Everspace!

• gkarrisgkarris Member, Common Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 71

gkarris said:

Not really, the rights to the GOF games are with Fishlabs (the company originally founded by the founders of Rockfish), as we're all not working there anymore and this is a new company, you will have to ask someone there.

But thanks for playing GOF and supporting Everspace!

Thanks. Sorry for the confusion.

I checked out their website and it seems they are dedicated to mobile gaming, so maybe that's why they really aren't concentrating on AppleTV.

Glad you made this company. I cannot imaging AT ALL trying to play EVERSPACE on an iPhone...
  • ES_8228ES_8228 Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 1
    Hi All!
  • Mr. JuiceMr. Juice UKCommon Backer ES1 Posts: 18
    I found maxwell's shipwreck on my first run! I'm a massive fan of GOF, hope to be finding some more eggs :P
  • Mr. JuiceMr. Juice UKCommon Backer ES1 Posts: 18
    edited December 2016
    gkarris said:

I bought the original GOF games for my iPad 2 when they first came out and was wondering if you are going to make them AppleTV compatible - I hate gaming on a touchscreen and getting my dirty fingers all over beautiful games...

Thanks!

Also, don't forget about the new GOF3: Manticore! I'm not sure about the full game, but I know for sure that there was a prequel released for AppleTV, called Galaxy On Fire - Manticore RISING. This deepsilver fishlabs (the devs) blog post says it's out for $5.99 US.
    blog.dsfishlabs.com/en/press-release-2015-10-29-ManticoreRisingOutNow