Shock Rifle 2; A COMPLETELY different weapon

VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Posts: 107Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
Just found this weapon and after using the basic version I was happy, until when I had no choice but to fight an elite group that had hunted me down and wanted to take some pot shots at it I found out the 2 variant HAS NO CHARGE, despite it's tooltip.

Does this mean that ALL 2 variant weapons can be expected to act like completely different weapons in some fashion or form?

Comments

• EvilGamerEvilGamer Posts: 10Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro
    seems that way, I found what i want to say was a beam 2 and it had a charge time, the beam 1 definitely does NOT.
  • withoutapaddlewithoutapaddle Posts: 14Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Yeah I have found that Beam 2 has a warm up time like the gatling guns. However it looks INSANELY cool, so I don't mind :)
  • VovolovVovolov Posts: 16Customer
    The Scattergun 2 also fires a full charge instantly, instead of having to charge up. Pretty powerful.

The Pulse Laser 2 is just crazy, damage to hull and shield is extraordinary, but the weapon functions the same as the Pulse Laser 1.
  • LiberTeaLiberTea Posts: 24Member, Common Alpha Backer

Just found this weapon and after using the basic version I was happy, until when I had no choice but to fight an elite group that had hunted me down and wanted to take some pot shots at it I found out the 2 variant HAS NO CHARGE, despite it's tooltip.

Does this mean that ALL 2 variant weapons can be expected to act like completely different weapons in some fashion or form?

So far from my expierience they always behave rather diffrent. Have yet to find a plasma or gatling mark 2 though.
  • withoutapaddlewithoutapaddle Posts: 14Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Plasma 2 is shorter range, slower firing, but MUCH higher damage (literally 200+/sec shield damage).
  • MrWoodchipMrWoodchip Posts: 53Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    I believe the weapon names are currently placeholders, so it's best to assume any "[weapon name] 2" will be completely different from the original one.
  • KnopyKnopy Posts: 27Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    shock rifle 1+2 are op as -BEEP-