Saves - how do they work.

sikmsikm Posts: 9Member
I'm still at the stage where I'm getting killed on a regular basis, usually in Sector 2 but a cupola times in Sector 3. However, wherever I get killed I always regenerate at the start of Sector 1. How do I advance? Do I have to get to a specific sector to have my save take place there? How does it work?

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    edited June 2017
    Hey @sikm , here is the roguelike core gameplay loop of Everspace:

1. Start a new procedurally generated run from the hangar with a new ship.
    2. Explore, engage and craft along the way, building up the run to overcome the challenges generated and making it as far as you can.
    3. Die; lose everything from that run except for unlockables (ship colors, blueprints, glyphs, subroutines) and the Credits accumulated from the run.
    4. Purchase permanent upgrades with Credits that will last for all successive runs, and setup your next specific run in a new ship, a starting loadout for that ship (if unlocked), and enhancements (glyphs, subroutines) that will modify the next run.
    5. Repeat 1-4 to make it further each run.

Because of this loop, Everspace has a great amount of replayability in that every run is different from the last but has the same goal: See how far you can make it.

Advancing in the game is through collecting those permanent upgrades and purchasing Perks (in step 4).

Hope this helps!
  • sikmsikm Posts: 9Member
    Step by step instructions, I like. I was using the same ship over and over! I look forward to progressing.
    Thanks
    Just one question (for now) when you say "1. Start a new procedurally generated run from the hangar with a new ship." do you mean BUY another ship?
    At the moment I have the first level Colonial Interceptor, do you mean I have to get my hands on 10,000 credits, unlock another ship and then use that?
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    Yes, you have to get at least 10.000 credits out of one run with the Interceptor, then invest that to unlock a new ship.
    B....y -BEEP-!
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    With a little bit of patience and determination, and maybe a swap to Easy mode (no shame in that btw), you should be able to get the skills you need to make it far enough to bank those delicious Credits.

Also, I highly encourage you to invest in the Credit Loot Perk in the hangar after a run. It might seem like it's really slow in boosting Credits at first (because it is), but maxed out increases ALL Credits by 50%!!

Good luck, pilot.
  • invenioinvenio Posts: 108Member
    I would recommend upgrading a single ship to max if your goal is getting to the end of the game. I think the interceptor is a good ship that can make the full run without the need to discover too many glyphs. Once you have some of the better glyphs, those will give a huge advantage in completely the game.
    Many thanks all, patience is a virtue that WILL be rewarded. Watch this space, albeit a few months hence.