Story Cutscenes don't play.

ES_8063ES_8063 Posts: 5Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
Hi there,

I've recently started a completely fresh run of ES, in order to get the newly added cutscenes and additional story elements. However, the game simply won't play them. I have the subtitles that match the content in the Flashback files (I've checked and they're in my game folders), but I simply receive a black screen with no audio, which will then hang waiting for me to press skip.

I've tried verifying my game cache through steam, that all returns positive. I've done a full reinstall and that has not fixed the issue, I've also updated my graphics drivers, all to no avail. I've also searched my pc for any other references or possible config files that could be interfering with the pointer to the flashback files, and there's nothing.

I have no idea what I can do to resolve this issue, but I really don't want to have to go through the game without the story.

Comments

• ES_8063ES_8063 Posts: 5Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Oh to add, I'm on version 1.0.7, running at Fullscreen 1920x1080, so there should be no UW related bugs.

• ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    That's strange. First time, I'm hearing this, seems to be some kind of codec issue. Are you playing the Steam or Windows Store version?
    It's the steam version.
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    Can you play the movies directly from disk? They are located in your SteamApps/Common/EVERSPACE/RSG/Content/Movies folder.
    Thought I'd put that in my OP, must have missed it. Yes I can play the videos, and they are in the dir structure you've specified, so it's not like there's a typo in a file path or anything. :S
  • ROCKFISH_SvenROCKFISH_Sven Posts: 93Moderator
    Hi @ES_8063
    From your DxDiag.txt I see that you have a special edition of Windows 10 Pro, the "N" Edition. The basic difference of this Windows edition compared to "usual" editions is the reduced media playback capability. Please try to install the correct "Media Feature Pack for N-Editions", that matches your windows version (Windows 10 Pro N).