Spawn rate / Scaling

RezRez Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Rogue Posts: 12
Enemy spawn rate seems really slow and sporadic. At the moment it often feels like we're flying around empty space waiting for something to spawn.

In addition, if you hang around too long, even on the starter maps a wave of 4 interceptors spawn, when that happens you need to get out because they're way stronger than the starter ship.

A smoother ramp up with more regular enemy spawns would alleviate a lot of the issues.

Comments

• EvilGamerEvilGamer Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Pro Posts: 10
    edited May 2016
    Pretty sure you arent supposed to be able to beat the interceptors, they are the mechanism to keep you from methodically cleaning out entire sectors at leisure (have to choose carefully what to prioritize)

You DO need to be able to spool your jump drive with them shooting at you though, its pretty bull that if you miss the warning that you're pretty much just dead because you cant kill them and you cant outrun them.
  • withoutapaddlewithoutapaddle Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 14
    You can kill them. I've done it quite a few times. I won't spoil it, but things get REALLY excited if you manage to kill them and still don't leave.
  • VirlomiVirlomi Member, Common Alpha Backer ES1 Posts: 17
    I think interceptors should have waves that are increasingly difficult, but start off easy enough you can fend one or two off without too much of a sweat. 1-2 ships at first; then ramp it up to the 4-5 you always get the first time. And eventually capital ships. I dunno what comes after a few cause I suck too much to survive a 4-5 interceptor wave usually; or I bolt before they tear me to pieces.