Crash at startup

CapAllanCapAllan Posts: 5Member
I played the game a bit back and it played like butter on my crappy potato. But right now, it refuses to launch and stop loading at the initial loading screen. I can't get to see the menu!!

LowLevelFatalError [File:D:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.14+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformMemory.cpp] [Line: 152]
Ran out of memory allocating 67108864 bytes with alignment 0

Got this error btw. I've got 4GB RAM and a 2GB GPU.

It works at times and doesn't at times.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 767Moderator
    Hmm - you get an out of memory error - 4GB is the minimum required, but it normally should be ok. At which graphics settings are you? Could you try setting to "low" (if you're not already on low) and see if it runs more stable (low will require less memory)
  • CapAllanCapAllan Posts: 5Member

Hmm - you get an out of memory error - 4GB is the minimum required, but it normally should be ok. At which graphics settings are you? Could you try setting to "low" (if you're not already on low) and see if it runs more stable (low will require less memory)

Its already at the minimum settings. If it never worked, it would've been understandable. But as to why it works at times and doesn't during other times is just beyond me. Resolution is at its lowest and so is everything else.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 767Moderator
    I guess the game fails to load the randomly generated location in the background of the main menu - these are just like normal locations within the game - and can be more memory heavy or lesse memory heavy - which would explain why it sometimes works and sometimes does not