Crash when saving/loading/entering hanger?

longshortslongshorts Posts: 2Member
My game keeps crashing once the game begins loading after a death, and upon clicking continue after restarting the game. I have attempted running the game as administrator and received the same result. Clearing the game save data lets me play again until death and I need to load up whatever the next scene is.

Additionally the game only runs reasonably in fullscreen non windowed. When running in borderless there are extreme framerate drops and it appears only parts of the game screen are being rendered at a time.

Specs:
AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor 3.5GHz
AMD Radeon R9 200 Series Video Card
8GB RAM
Windows 7 Home 64-bit SP1

Comments

• longshortslongshorts Posts: 2Member
    Restarted and no positive results, although I was able to get some results from a debugger:

'RSG-Win64-Shipping.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDNSP.DLL'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'RSG-Win64-Shipping.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\rasadhlp.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    'RSG-Win64-Shipping.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\FWPUCLNT.DLL'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    The thread 0x1074 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    Unhandled exception at 0x000007FEF0315744 (atidxx64.dll) in RSG-Win64-Shipping.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x000000046A06EFFC.

Would really appreciate some assistance fixing this.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 994Moderator
    From what you're saying I guess it happens every time you would enter the Hangar - it alsow looks like some required dlls are missing on your system.

Did you already go through the list here? https://forum.everspace-game.com/discussion/1318/my-game-wont-start-what-can-i-do#latest

I have a feeling it is somehow related to point 4 or 5.
  • Atomic FrenzyAtomic Frenzy Posts: 1Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm having, what appears to be, the same issue. I get a window with "RSG has stopped working." I've tried the solutions for points 4 and 5 with no luck. Edit: Due to the lack of support with this game breaking issue, I've refunded my game. It's too bad, this game looked like something I would have enjoyed.