Cannot run full screen at below 4k

d33pd33p Posts: 2Member
Hi everyone,
I am trying to run on a Dell XPS 15 with a nvidia 970m GPU. The game runs slowly at 4k, but the option to lower the resolution is greyed out.
The only way to force it to run at a lower resolution is to reduce my desktop res before running Everspace.
Is there any way around this issue?
Thanks

Comments

• ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    Hmm... there seems to be a bug when retrieving the supported resolutions from your system / graphics card. You could try to edit the screen resolution manually in the GameUserSettings.ini file located in the USER\AppData\Local\RSG\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor folder.
  • d33pd33p Posts: 2Member
    Hi, thanks for getting back to me.
    The only place I can find GameUserSettings.ini is within: USER\AppData\Local\Packages\ROCKFISHGames.EVERSPACE_wm11qtfe9fmzj\LocalState\RSG\Saved\Config\UWP
    I have tried editing the screen res here. I have even tried deleting the file and letting the game rebuild it. But still I have no option to change the resolution.
    The resolutions are greyed out in the game menu and I there is only Windowed and Fullscreen Windowed options. There is no option for just Fullscreen.
    I purchased through the Windows store if that makes a difference.
    I'm running the latest nVidia drivers, and the latest version of the Intel GFX drivers as provided from Dell.
    Any other ideas what might be going on?
    Thanks
    James