More granular graphics options would be appreciated.

DefiantSoulDefiantSoul Posts: 15Member
There was talk back in December here that more graphics options would become available, but then nothing. I would like to be able to turn off motion blur and chromatic aberration without having to knock down the post effects as a whole.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,086Moderator
    I'll talk to our technical artist - but I think he loves these
  • DefiantSoulDefiantSoul Posts: 15Member

I'll talk to our technical artist - but I think he loves these

I can appreciate that artists have a vision for their work, but I don't play games at 144hz to see a blurry screen that was originally meant to mask the jarring nature of 30hz gameplay. Know-what-I-mean?
  • FirunFirun Posts: 13Member
    I recall the thread you are referring to, I voiced my opinions in that thread - however, I was more annoyed by excessive bloom and chromatic aberration. Back then, we were said that you guys would look into it, and I suggested an ini file like, as example, STALKER does it.

That way, the common user who does not mind their game being cluttered with effects that stem from deficiencies of old tech will not see the options, and those who have strong feelings towards some things (such as motion blur, bloom, chromatic aberration) could either deactivate or fine tune these parameters.

Personally, I see no harm in that. But hey, it's awesome that you released the game. Playing it again and loving it! However... what's with the voice actor? The old one was so much better... was he unavailable?