Final Boss (after 8 DNA Fragments) SPOILERS INSIDE!

NeuromancerNeuromancer Posts: 6Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
Is the final Boss bugged?

I'm in the middle of the final Fight after getting all DNA and the Battleships shield just doesn't go down. So far i shot about 15 Missiles at it. Is he just unbeatable at the moment?

Comments

• ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Hmm... we tested it a lot but you are the second one reporting it so we will have a look. Try to return to the main menu and then continue.
    Is this happening the first time when you are entering the battle or did you die before?
  • NeuromancerNeuromancer Posts: 6Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Just tried that, how many missiles should be needed?
    One missile for each point of health. But of course, only if the shield is down.
    Ah i didn't read your quetion.

I did happen the first time entering the battle, didn't die before.

Restarted the game and my PC and that did it.

The Termal Canon didn't initiate the first times. Just got it done :smile:
    I just tested it in every constellation possible and it's working as intended. Are you sure you are firing the missile AFTER he fires his thermal beam while his shields are down?
  • HratgardHratgard Posts: 7Member
    I have a question about this on the Xbox version. I beat Groc, but the achievment never did pop? Are there supposed to be subsequent encounters with him later on? Cause on my next run when I got to sector 7 there was nothing but a crater left.
  • ObsoleteObsolete Posts: 3Member
    It appears to be bugged for me. First time I got to Groc I had the final 2 DNA on board. He appears to goes though all the dialog up until I go to one of the turrets to retrieve a core. Dialog ends at the AI telling me to get close to the turret, Groc's shield never comes up. I can destroy his ship but I never get a cut scene.

I switched over to the PC version (Window Store). Every thing happen the same but this time the dialog continued and Groc's shield and death ray worked as intended. Defeated him and got the end cut scene but I didn't get the x-box achievement "Taking One For The Team".

The only difference between my xbox attempt and PC was on the PC run I went for the one of the turrets that I had not previously activated in prior runs. Might be worth looking at, I'd test it my self but I'd have to delete my saves and grind all the way back.
  • HratgardHratgard Posts: 7Member
    Obsolete said:

It appears to be bugged for me. First time I got to Groc I had the final 2 DNA on board. He appears to goes though all the dialog up until I go to one of the turrets to retrieve a core. Dialog ends at the AI telling me to get close to the turret, Groc's shield never comes up. I can destroy his ship but I never get a cut scene.

I switched over to the PC version (Window Store). Every thing happen the same but this time the dialog continued and Groc's shield and death ray worked as intended. Defeated him and got the end cut scene but I didn't get the x-box achievement "Taking One For The Team".

The only difference between my xbox attempt and PC was on the PC run I went for the one of the turrets that I had not previously activated in prior runs. Might be worth looking at, I'd test it my self but I'd have to delete my saves and grind all the way back.

Hmm this might be it. In my first run, on Xbox where I did not get the achievement I only activated 3 of the turrets. On the PC run where I did get the achievement, I had all 4 turrets activated.

So the differences I had when it did not work vs when it did
    Ship: Scout vs Interceptor
    System: Xbox vs PC
    Difficulty: Easy vs Hard
    Turrets: 3 vs 4

Of coarse glyphs and gear was different too, but cant remember what I had.. On easy I had Beeline, Ancient Weapon and the one that gives you health per kill.