Stuck Loading sector

ES_6526ES_6526 Posts: 7Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
Hi,

on my current save, I am "jumping" to the next sector forever. The first time I used "save and quit", then after reload it happens again. On the third attempt a new cutscene played (about the genome), but after that I get the warp screen again. About 2-3 seconds after the beginning of each warp, black bars appear on the top and bottom of the screen, so maybe a boss fight is supposed to happen but is loading incorrectly? It seems like at this stage, I cannot even cancel the run. So how can I proceed? (preferably without losing the run, for I am about 2 hours in, farthest I ever got!)

thx
Boonie

Comments

• ES_6526ES_6526 Posts: 7Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    Here the game files.
  • jeroendevis@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 4Member
    I'm in the same boat, no response yet :(
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 557Moderator
    Hi! We already fixed that bug. It will be live with the next update. What you can do now as a workaround: Do not use the Gunship for this cutscene.
    OK, thank you for the info and update
    I guess we have to delete this run then? Don't see how we can not use the gunship for that cutscene while already being there
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,091Moderator, Space Cat
    edited May 2017

I guess we have to delete this run then? Don't see how we can not use the gunship for that cutscene while already being there

It would be possible to fool your save data by storing your currentrunsave.sav elsewhere, then do a new run in a new ship up to (and past) that point. After completing the cutscene, you could then plug your currentrunsave.sav back into place, having passed the cutscene. If you do this, it's important to leave your currentplayersave.sav file alone, as this is where it stores information regarding what cutscenes you've seen are.

It's certainly not optimal, but it'll work for now. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience on getting this resolved.
    Thanks I'll try that :)
    I just waited for the patch, it is working now, thank you!