My personal release feedback

Sankari13Sankari13 Posts: 20Member
Hi hi,
had been enjoying the beta alot with some minor flaws here and there but I thought it will change with the release. Anyway.

I did reset my save file - and I regret it badly.
Restarting from scratch was and still is a very frustrating experience due to several issues which I did not had (anymore) with my old save files

Negative things:
-Energy issues, boosting a lil bit and I am completly drained - especially during combat, no way to escape into safety or even fire back.

-Overwhelming masses of OP webber, sensor and laser killer drones with perfect aim. These really need some changes (and webber + sensor can also be removed imho) These are somehow gamebreaking due to their impact on the player, rendering me immobile and not giving me a chance to answer accordingly. Think: missing drone override, energy etc. visual distortion and so on. Also, these laser drones (just like the Okkar Intercepter) are hard to track and just worth 10 ARCs to get rid of them. They are not a challenge but an artifical and unnatural way to increase the difficulty with the added laser show and erratic movement which leads me to number 3..
Also drone spawn rate for certain enemies ist pretty high, another artificial design flawn

-Enemy fighters somehow love to ram all the time and deal heavy damage doing so. If this was not introduced with the release, I don't know. It did not notice such an AI behavior during the EA phase. It is really annoying to a point where I would rather ragequit and leave the game aside, doing some sports outside in the real world instead.
I have never been rammed by Outlaw Bombers, Okkar Figher mk2 that often. In fact, I was never rammed.
Btw: shield duration for the Okkar Fighter mk2 is also ..quite long...

-Missiles making u-turns. Thats a bit too much while fighting 1-3 bombers or a Outlaw base with all the turrets... or both at the same time.

-A special case is the last mission: It starts with an overwhelming mass of enemies just next to the player. There should be a small time frame to get into a comfortable position.

Postive things:

Nice game, story is very different to most games and therefore worth a look no matter what.
Intuitive controls, nice and smooth and easy to understand.
Game runs nice, no crashes, no other technical issues.
Sondtrack <3 Graphics are fine and rich in details with its atmospheric, dark regions, hazards and intense fights with ramming bombers and exploding OP drones.. sorry
For me it is like a mix of Freelancer and Spelunky, having a spot on its own with no comparable competition within this genre
Balance? Perks are fine, but mabye a subject for small changes as a few enhancements do not offer enough of an advantage to make up for the disadvantages - but only allow self made challenges.

Please understand that I intend to provide feedback instead of ranting and flaming.
I am most confident that smaller changes are made to improve the overall experience, especially the early gameplay and to prevent people from a frustrating Sector5+ experience.

Kind regards,
S

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,086Moderator
    Thank you for taking the time and writing this down. All feedback is appreciated, even negative one.
  • Sankari13Sankari13 Posts: 20Member
    Thanks for the headsup, Andi. While you are on it - please fix drones able to see the player while Cloak is active without giving a single shot :pensive:
  • ForavenForaven Posts: 121Member
    Sankari13 said:

-Energy issues, boosting a lil bit and I am completly drained - especially during combat, no way to escape into safety or even fire back.

Also struggled with that a while ago, but the answer to that is to avoid higher tier/upgraded devices until you upgrade your energy; each device reduce the maximum energy you can have making it hard to do anything if you load too many devices.

-Overwhelming masses of OP webber, sensor and laser killer drones with perfect aim. These really need some changes (and webber + sensor can also be removed imho) These are somehow gamebreaking due to their impact on the player, rendering me immobile and not giving me a chance to answer accordingly. Think: missing drone override, energy etc. visual distortion and so on. Also, these laser drones (just like the Okkar Intercepter) are hard to track and just worth 10 ARCs to get rid of them. They are not a challenge but an artifical and unnatural way to increase the difficulty with the added laser show and erratic movement which leads me to number 3..
    Also drone spawn rate for certain enemies ist pretty high, another artificial design flawn
    I would not call this a flaw per see, but challenges that requires specific consumables or devices to handle. Drone overrides help a lot with this.
  • Sankari13Sankari13 Posts: 20Member
    True, drone override helps - if you have it, or even better, can craft it. But most new players cannot. And a situation requiring a specific item does not fit into a skill bases game. Instead, it feels like pay2win which is exactly what a rogue like does not ever have to be.
  • ForavenForaven Posts: 121Member
    Sankari13 said:

True, drone override helps - if you have it, or even better, can craft it. But most new players cannot. And a situation requiring a specific item does not fit into a skill bases game. Instead, it feels like pay2win which is exactly what a rogue like does not ever have to be.

But it is also part of a rogue like game that not all fights are winnable with what you have. It is unfair on purpose, but this game gives you plenty of means to overcome those challenges. For example try to fight pirates near G&B installation or their fighters, use mines, use flaks, lure them inside asteroids (drones have a hard time navigating asteroids so they are easy kills), use energy discharge... And when all else fail, warp to the next location and hope for easier fights.