Audio dialogue missing? SOLVED

ES_8531ES_8531 Posts: 4Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
edited June 2017 in GAMEPLAY
Hi, I've had this bug for the past couple updates or so.
I see the subtitles for the dialogue, but there is no corresponding audio. I miss the sound of the HIVE and protagonist.
Is that just on my part or did I miss an update log talking about it?
UPDATE: So I was testing out streaming while playing this, and the audio dialogue came through on the stream but not in my headset. Gonna try and troubleshoot if it's my rig, but thought I should add it on here.

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    This is a known issue. A quick fix is to hit TAB (to go to the inventory screen) and quickly hit TAB again to get back into the game. This will trigger the flags necessary to play the audio.

We're hoping to get this one fixed, though as you said it has been plaguing us the last couple updates. Here's hoping we can find a more permanent fix!
  • ES_8531ES_8531 Posts: 4Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    I just played a little further after reinstalling, some of the dialogue works but some other parts just have the subtitle.
    But I'll keep playing anyways, I'll just restart the campaign once you guys have figured out the kinks.
    Good job so far! Good luck with the bug squashing!
  • ES_8531ES_8531 Posts: 4Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    I found the culprit! It was a Bluetooth receiver that I had hooked up to a bluetooth headset at one point.
    Apparently Windows thought it should receive the dialogue, while my analog headset got the background noise...
    Not sure if the problem is the game or the way Windows handles audio devices?
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    ES_8531 said:

I found the culprit! It was a Bluetooth receiver that I had hooked up to a bluetooth headset at one point.
    Apparently Windows thought it should receive the dialogue, while my analog headset got the background noise...
    Not sure if the problem is the game or the way Windows handles audio devices?

Thanks for following up about this; glad you found it!

For the time being, I'd just make sure to keep the bluetooth receiver away while Everspacing. The devs will definitely check in on this when they can. Thanks!