Version 1.0 released! List of changes

ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 961Moderator
edited June 2017 in NEWS
The big day has come! We've just released version 1.0! We hope you've had as much fun during Early Access as we've had!

Next to a whole bunch of tweaks and bug fixes the biggest highlights are the addition of the story, VR support, more points of interest as well as steam achievements and trading cards.

A change that might need some explaining is the removal of scanning probes. Please read our thoughts on this right below the list of changes.

New Features
  • Added the story
  • Added more points of interest
  • Added achievements (version dependent)
  • Added new device: Sensor Relay
  • Added new ship colors
  • Added VR support for Oculus Rift and HTC Vive
  • Added option to switch Yaw and Roll mapping for controller
Tweaks
  • Removed scanning probes from the game.
  • Added "radar memory": scanned objects will now remain on the HUD indefinitely
  • Increased spawn chance of comm hubs
  • Changed "Low Profile" glyph negative effect: Instead of increased jump cooldown there is now a jump suppressor in every location
  • Changed "Predetermination" glyph positive effect: Instead of no jump suppressors G&B and Okkar are now hostile to each other
  • Decreased "Bullseye" glyph shield regeneration percentage from 20% to 10%
  • Increased "Leech" glyph hull hitpoints regeneration from 10 HP to 20 HP per kill
  • Changed "Devastator" subroutine values from 50% / 30% to 40% / 40%
  • Gunship turret kills and player drone kills will now reset the kill timer while using the Berzerker glyph
  • Spawn superior loot with high enhanced weapons chance behind locked doors of derelict colonial stations
  • Give a credits bonus for each sector reached
  • Show total cost of perks with sub levels and credits already spent on level
  • Added more codex entries
  • Added illustrations to codex entries
  • Okkar Interceptors will now occasionally use teleporters
  • Replace Gatling Turret with Front Shield Generator in Gunship Loadout C
  • Reduced energy consumption of some weapon mods
  • Reduced energy consumption of device mods
  • Reduced Damage Booster bonus
  • Reduced Shield Booster Mk2 and Mk3 bonus
  • Damage Limiter consumable reduction is now calculated separately after armor damage reduction instead of adding it to the armor damage reduction
  • Increased Missile Defense System duration
  • Balanced Ancient "Teleporter" alien: Less damage but better accuracy
  • Set maximum number of ARC-9000s per secondary slot from 2 to 1
  • Further increased Time Extender cooldown durations
  • Increased speed at which plasma is collected in plasma fields
  • Decreased Ancient Weapon damage bonus
  • Increased Nano Injector repair amount to match the required Nano Bots
  • Grey Goos are no longer affected by ARC-9000
  • Performance optimizations, especially on medium and low settings
  • Prevent black holes from spawning close to ancient structures
  • Do not show missile lock warnings if Beeline enhancement is installed
  • Increased Flak Cannon 5-5 damage
  • Increased Sensor Drone hitpoints
  • Increased Elite Access Key drop chance from 40% to 75%
  • Made a few UI changes to the cockpit displays
  • Changed spacing, colors and positions of a few UI elements
  • Added run duration to hall of fame
Bugfixes
  • Fixed Splitter Glyph not forcing a start with only one empty secondary weapon slot when having loadout B or C selected
  • Fixed Equalizer Glyph not affecting Health after very first jump (start of game) and after using jump gates
  • Fixed Leech Glyph not regenerating hull hitpoints when destroying turrets
  • Fixed Bullseye Glyph falsely recharging the shield when hitting non-NPC objects
  • Fixed splitted "Ancient Friends" being hostile and damaging the player
  • Fixed tooltips showing on locked ships loadouts
  • Fixed some navigation issues in setup screen
  • Fixed being able to escape from system map before jumping away by pressing next/previous tab
  • Fixed large ships (e.g. Okkar Corvettes) receiving huge amounts of collision damage
  • Fixed "Colonial Interceptor" always being displayed in end of run screen, even if Colonial Scout or Colonial Gunship were chosen
  • Fixed visual upgrades for ships getting mixed up
  • Fixed spread mod not affecting energy
  • Fixed charge duration of weapons which was affected by energy consumption reduction
  • Fixed Corrosion Missiles stop doing damage if Outlaw Drone Carrier brings up shield
  • Fixed ship geometry not being hidden in 1st person no-cockpit view when playing with a high FOV
  • Fixed freighter jump charge effect not being displayed
Regarding the removal of scanning probes:

We watched a lot of streams and videos of people playing EVERSPACE and noticed that crafting/using scanning probes has become too obligatory. The routine would be to craft and use a scanning probe at the beginning of every location which is neither fun nor does it promote explorative gameplay. We realized that a lot of gameplay elements would not work the way we intended, i.e. cloud fields, comm hubs, jump suppressor signals and many more. On the other hand, not being able to craft scanning probes (e.g. due to a lack of gas) would result in frustration, so increasing the crafting costs was not and option. Our solution: Remove scanning probes completely, add radar memory (so that scanned objects will remain on the HUD), increase the amount of comm hubs and introduce a new device, the sensor relay which increases the ship's sensor range.
With these changes in effect, we noticed a huge improvement in gameplay, shifting the approach towards risk/reward driven exploration rather than dully working off HUD markers one after another.

We hope you agree!

Comments

• ZoritaZorita Posts: 19Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Warrior
    Hi there, EVERSPACE Team !

I just read the notes on Steam a few minutes ago, can't wait to test the 1.0 when I get some time <3

Just curious about Story part; do we need to totally reset our game for this, or can we "start" the story with our perks and well-spended hours of farming ? :tongue:
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 961Moderator
    Zorita said:

Just curious about Story part; do we need to totally reset our game for this, or can we "start" the story with our perks and well-spended hours of farming ? :tongue:

It will work without a reset - but we still recommend one for better pacing.

• SeredownSeredown Posts: 1Member
    no new ships? :(
  • Sankari13Sankari13 Posts: 20Member
    Looking forwars for the first few runs.
    Guess I gotta bring a release cake to Hamburg same day ;)
  • knighty10knighty10 Posts: 1Member
    Hi, Only the game Preview is on Xbox One store, will the full version be released any time soon?
  • p2dep2de Posts: 3Member
    edited May 2017
    When can we expect release of version 1.0 on Windows Store?
    Thanks in advance for your information.
  • dreampagedreampage Posts: 15Member
    edited May 2017
    As with most Xbox Play Anywhere games, I guess the update will go live at 10 AM PST / 1 PM ET / 6 PM BST. Given there are no technical issues with making it live which is surprisingly common with XPA games.
  • SteamBrainsSteamBrains Posts: 72Space Cat
    Can't wait to get home! I have no idea how the story will be put in, but I'm excited!
  • DarkBoltDarkBolt Posts: 20Member
    We are excited!!! But it has not reached Xbox One yet...the day is still young. It is noon here in Washington. Hopefully the update will be ready when I get home!!!
  • lucianoangelinilucianoangelini Posts: 19Member
    edited May 2017
    Sera a tutti...
    Quì in Italia a Roma, nell'Xbox Store ancora non c'è purtroppo, ed ormai è quasi mezzanotte ;-(
  • EARushtonEARushton Posts: 2Member
    Hi all,
    I may be missing something here but how do I get the new version of the game. I currently have version v0.7.0.31544. I've started the game up as normal no updates were made, and on the Xbox one store it says I have it installed. Do I need to reset the game or uninstall? My main game icon is still saying "game preview"
    Thanks for the help.
  • DarthFlatWhiteDarthFlatWhite Posts: 30Member
    edited May 2017
    There is definitely an issue with the Xbox publish/build

To explain what I've seen:
    Didn't see an update available although left Xbox one in Always On mode overnight
    Manually went to Xbox store and the image for the game/trailer/description was updated but just gave option to play
    Uninstalled the preview version on my Xbox and then installed from the store, the icon under Games and Apps was still the preview one. The download size was 7.1 GB, but the store page for the game says it is 6.4 GB

I then did a hard reset (cold boot basically) of Xbox which also clears some caches and didn't see any updates etc.

Went to uninstall again, but noticed it was still partially there in Games and Apps, removed it again and I couldn't see any trace of it on my Xbox.

Then did another Hard Reset of Xbox and downloaded, it shows the new icons on my Xbox but the name of the game still says it is a preview. Open it up and its 0.7 still.

On twitter I note this comment - which makes me think something broke on the Xbox publish end

Tried pushing it from Xbox app instead off from my Xbox, no change in terms of the filesize is the same. I can't be 100% sure but I think 0.7 was 7.1 GB which is what it is pushing.

Changed DNS so it was hitting a different set of Xbox CDN Nodes and not my ISP's cache, no change

Did another hard reset of Xbox and also tried from Xbox Beta App as can't see how to push from website as I already own the game

Also tried changing DNS to a US based DNS and verified assets1.xboxlive.com and assets2.xboxlive.com were US servers, not my normal Australian servers, no luck

Has anyone at all got Xbox 1.0 going? If you did, was it a clean install or an upgrade?

At this stage I'm almost 100% sure the actual file on the MS end hasn't been updated properly as have done most normal things to flush my Xbox, tried different CDN nodes and pushed via different means

• lucianoangelinilucianoangelini Posts: 19Member
    Ragazzi buongiorno...
    Avete avuto qualche problema nel rilascio finale?
    Non abbiamo ancora ricevuto il gioco completo nello store xboxone come mai?
    Mandateci info... fatevi vivi ;-)
    Non ce la facciamo più ad aspettare :-(
    Un saluto
    Buon lavoro
    There is a problem with the full release on Xbox One. They will most likely either release it on May 27th at some point, or at least give us a news flash right here. So just stay tuned... These guys don't let us down. And remember- rockfish is located in Germany so chances are when we were all jumping off our walls over here they were in bed over there. This release has most likely been alot of work for them. They will get things going for us! Be patient! Stay tuned!
    It looks as if it is here... I'm downloading right now... 7. 69gb... So look for your available update guys n gals!!!
  • DarthFlatWhiteDarthFlatWhite Posts: 30Member
    Yep, can confirm that is 1.0 just about to start playing it now.

And yes, this was clearly a MS issue, just wanted to post what I'd done in case Rockfish needed to follow it up and/or to save others thinking it was their Xbox!
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,093Moderator, Space Cat
    @DarthFlatWhite THANK YOU for taking the time to figure out what seemed to be the issue. Cataloging this information and sharing it on the forums helps everyone out. You're a rockstar.

Let us know if you run into any other issues along the way and we'll do our best to find a solution!
  • dreampagedreampage Posts: 15Member
    Honestly, a lot of XPA games have problems when being released. I always keep an eye out for them and most of them aren't available at the promised time. I think there are some issues on Microsoft's end, hence the delay with most titles. Everspace was not the first XPA title to have publish problems and certainly not the last. Luckily MS can sort it out quickly. It was worth the wait, the game is awesome. :smile:
  • GustaveGustave Posts: 1Customer
    Will the GOG GID's go out soon or... did I miss mine?
  • parameterparameter Posts: 19Common Backer, Customer
    I just wanted to say thanks for removing the Scanning Probes and improving the exploration aspect of the game, which is one of the things I enjoy the most while progressing. B)
  • invenioinvenio Posts: 108Member

I just wanted to say thanks for removing the Scanning Probes and improving the exploration aspect of the game, which is one of the things I enjoy the most while progressing. B)

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

BTW- I agree, removal of the scanning probes was a good idea.
  • RipleyRipley Posts: 1Member
    Well unfortunately I played for a few hours and now it is freezing on zone load screen in the gunship. I can't switch ships... every time I quit and continue it does the same thing ... unplayable ... any fix? or am I out 29.99
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 560Moderator
    Ripley said:

Well unfortunately I played for a few hours and now it is freezing on zone load screen in the gunship. I can't switch ships... every time I quit and continue it does the same thing ... unplayable ... any fix? or am I out 29.99

Can you try to reset your current run from the options menu.