How to achieve "Survive an attack by a warship" challenge?

invenioinvenio Posts: 108Member
Can somebody give me a clue on how this is done. I've achieved just about every challenge, but not sure what this means or how to accomplish it? Does it mean I would need to survive the ship that jumps in after I wait too long in a sector? I thought those were invincible? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    invenio said:

Does it mean I would need to survive the ship that jumps in after I wait too long in a sector?

This is correct; you have to wait long enough for a Colonial Warship to warp into your area. After it shows up, you have to escape the area.

The challenge is not to destroy the warship (this is impossible to do so, as you mentioned). You merely have to get out alive.
  • invenioinvenio Posts: 108Member
    I must be doing something wrong. I just played specifically to get this achievement. I waited around until the "incoming okar warning" thing was flashing. Had a few waves of fighters come in, then the large capital ship warp in. I then warped out of the area... yet no achievement. What am I doing wrong?
  • PacketlossPacketloss Posts: 22Member
    edited May 2017
    Was it a frigate? The warship is friggin huge, it looks different (blockier) than the Okkar ships. Here is a video of what one looks like.
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    invenio said:

I must be doing something wrong. I just played specifically to get this achievement. I waited around until the "incoming okar warning" thing was flashing. Had a few waves of fighters come in, then the large capital ship warp in. I then warped out of the area... yet no achievement. What am I doing wrong?

This is how you're supposed to do it. I will check if there's anything wrong with the achievement.

Was it a frigate? The warship is friggin huge, it looks different (blockier) than the Okkar ships. Here is a video of what one looks like.

That's the one.

Ok, this is weird. So it looks like I did get the achievement. However, there was never a "you got this achievement" like you typically get. I started a new game and now it's been replaced with a new achievement goal and lists the old one as completed.
  • NenacuNenacu Posts: 69Customer, Collector Beta Backer
    I had the same experience @invenio . Perhaps the mission system is currently a little bugged? Or perhaps it's just that mission? I wouldn't really be able to say either way as that was the one and only mission available to me as of the last update and I've not bothered yet to start fresh to test that out. Come to think of it, with release so close, I really should look into things like that...
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    I just tested it. Works fine here. You will get the achievement in the next location, right after jumping in. Maybe you missed it?
    It's possible, although I was really watching out for it as I did the run specifically to get that achievement. I have one more achievement left so I will be vigilant.