Additional perks

CocoCoco GermanyPosts: 14Supporter, Customer
I bought Everspace from the website today (Early Access) and the description said:

- Get a special “Supporter” Forum Badge
- Get a set of stunning wallpapers (estimated delivery Q1 2017)

Now I wonder where to get the wallpapers. The e-mail just contained the Steam key. I'm also unsure about the forum badge. According to my profile, it's not there. Let's see if it shows with this post. ;-)

Any ideas?

Comments

• CocoCoco GermanyPosts: 14Supporter, Customer
    Thanks for the info about the wallpapers. I'll just wait then.

About the badge: I did so before, since I found such information here in the forums. But it didn't change anything. To be sure, I logged out again, deleted my cookies for everspace-game.com and logged in again. However, there's still no badge showing up.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,096Moderator, Space Cat
    Hmmm, strange. Maybe @ROCKFISH_Uwe or @ROCKFISH_Andi can figure out what's going on.
    Ok, let's see what they come up with. Should I be able to see the badge in my own profile?
    Yes, it should appear to the right of your name when you're at your profile.
    Ok, I just see two badges there: "First Comment" and "Photogenic".
    So what now? Nobody can fix it?
    edited May 2017
    Hey @Coco thank you for your patience on this matter. I know the developers have been tackling a bit today (they've been a little hard for me to contact as well) since it's crunch-time for the game.

Rest assured I know they will be checking this out and finding a solution for you.
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    Sorry for the badge not showing up. Give us one to three more days to fix this, please.
  • ROCKFISH_UweROCKFISH_Uwe HamburgPosts: 101Administrator
    @Coco Sorry for the complications. Try to sign out and in again. If your badge still doesn't show up, please PM me.
    Thanks guys, I'll wait. I logged out and in again once more, but it still didn't fix the problem.
    Ok, let me check the backend on Monday. There seems to be something wrong in the billing system. Sorry again for the complications.
    It's ok, I'm glad you're not forgetting me despite the hurry to get everything done by May 26th. :wink:
    Uwe fixed the badge for me - thanks! So my questions are finally answered. :smile:
  • Captain RageCaptain Rage Posts: 2Member, Customer
    I created a forum account moments ago after purchasing the game for GOG aaaaaaand now I am also awaiting an awesome badge. :-D
  • Captain RageCaptain Rage Posts: 2Member, Customer

Ok, let me check the backend on Monday. There seems to be something wrong in the billing system. Sorry again for the complications.

Don't forget about me as well! Oh, it feels good in a bad way to distract developers from doing productive things with trivial stuff like this. Hopefully giving me a badge won't delay the Linux port of the game too much. :-D
    edited May 2017
    @Captain Rage Don't worry, you'll get your shiny badge with a cherry on top!!
    The next time you log in, you should get promoted. Thanks for your support!!

The wallpapers haven't been distributed yet. Seems the delivery date wasn't updated on the website, sorry about that! To my understanding, this should be distributed at or near release (May 26th).

Any news about this by now? I just checked my game folder on Steam and it seems there still aren't any wallpapers in there. Are they yet to be delivered or did I miss something?
    edited June 2017
    Coco said:

Any news about this by now? I just checked my game folder on Steam and it seems there still aren't any wallpapers in there. Are they yet to be delivered or did I miss something?

These should be being worked on now; I'm fairly confident we'll see these distributed in the next couple weeks.
  • PexpyPexpy Posts: 1Customer, Collector Beta Backer
    Just dropped in to ask about these. I've got the Collector Edition and I've had radio silence about any of the rewards apart from the game itself and the name thing. Not great considering I only bought a higher tier specifically for the soundtrack and I've not had even a single mention to say 'We're working on it'.

Mind you, the soundtrack is in the game. It's there. What other work needs to be done for it to take 3 weeks past release for delivery?
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,000Moderator
    We're currently working on the soundtrack - it does need some work as the songs often don't have proper endings etc.
    I must say I'm pretty disappointed now. Been waiting for the wallpapers for months, just to find out that there's a "Deluxe Edition" already, also containing "10 Wallpapers".

I've ordered the game directly from the website and it still says:
    Order directly to secure your copy of EVERSPACE and get extra goodies! You will receive a special Supporter forums badge, a set of jaw-dropping wallpapers and preferred 1st level support if you buy through our shop.
    Yet still I don't have any wallpapers. :neutral:
    @Coco you should have received a Dropbox link in your email at the time of these being distributed a few months ago. If this was missed or was filtered into your spam, you should also have access here:
    https://forum.everspace-game.com/discussion/4804/backer-reward-wallpaper/p1
    Thanks, Giraffasaur. Unfortunately, I didn't receive a mail and I'm pretty sure it didn't vanish in my spam folder as the other mails sent before reached me without a problem. Anyway, I finally got them now. Are these the same wallpapers as those you get when buying the Deluxe Edition?
    Coco said:

Thanks, Giraffasaur. Unfortunately, I didn't receive a mail and I'm pretty sure it didn't vanish in my spam folder as the other mails sent before reached me without a problem. Anyway, I finally got them now. Are these the same wallpapers as those you get when buying the Deluxe Edition?

They are, so it's an added bonus for purchasing the game through the website.
    Alright, thanks for the info!