A few more thoughts....

doobiesnaxdoobiesnax Member Posts: 21
I'll try and keep this as brief as possible :)

1: Any thoughts about adding an option to create and use (in one button push) e.g.: no free slots and want to create a drone, or a scanner....

2: Back at the main page after dieing (on Xbox) the 'perks' tab is lit up, (to indicate you are on the 'perks' page) yet in actual fact, it starts on the far right page, and the tab doesn't change when flicking through the pages UNTIL you reach the perks page, and only then does it highlight the correct page you are on.

3: crystals still have a tendency to fly through rock and become unattainable unless you have a tractor beam

4: great idea to have the 'most used' at the top of the list of upgrades....but does it need to be repeated i.e.: range upgrade at the top, and then repeated half way down the page. This confused me at first, I had no idea what the star meant and was thinking it was some special kind of upgrade until I compared the stats.....

5: can we examine the Enhancemets in game? Quite often I'll pick one up, it will briefly flash up on screen what it was, but there is no way to find out more info on it until you die...not a biggie, but would be nice to know more info without having to wait until I'm dead.

6: thoughts on the idea of being able to be notified when you have enough resources to complete a specific upgrade?? I.e. Click option to ' notify me when I have enough resources to upgrade beam laser range mark 3'

7: A simple one, but a noise when an item is fully mined as well as the text notification 'fully mined' ....

8. Upgrades: being able to compare stats e.g.: upgrading shield delay: I'd like to see what the shields delay currently is, and what it would be once I upgrade it

9. It would be great to admire the ship when in game..not sure what buttons perhaps holding R3 and L3 together when completely stationary to go in a 'pause mode that allows the camera to be controlled to see the ship??...

I have ploughed silly hours into this over the weekend......still absolutely LOVE this game, it's certainly impressed me in every aspect and is every thing elite dangerous should have been!!!
Again, can not wait for release....and so guttted I'm going to be on holiday two days before it comes out for two weeks!!!

Comments

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    edited May 2017
    Hey @doobiesnax ! Thanks for your feedback. I can't answer to all of these, but I figured I'd pipe in on some of them:

1. The idea of creating and using a Drone in one fell swoop makes sense. Not sure about the ease of implementation, though.

3. I've seen this happen through all stages of development, but it has been happening the least in v0.7. Based on the progress of this alone, I'm sure the developers are doing everything they can to prevent this from happening.

5. From the inventory screen, go to the STATS tab. On the left side, select ENHANCEMENTS. You will see what three you currently have installed on the ship, as well as all of the collected Sub-Routines and Glyphs below. Hovering over these collected enhancements shows what they do.

6. That's a clever idea, but it sounds like it might be a lot of work to implement for a little effect. I don't think it's too difficult to memorize the couple resources required for an upgrade or craft, so working in something like this may take a lot of time and energy that could otherwise go towards other mechanics in the game.

8. That sounds like a nice feature to see. I agree.

9. If I recall correctly, there aren't any buttons left to keybind Action Freeze on the controller. Thankfully, it's all that's required is opening the game menu (back button) and selecting Action Freeze.
  • doobiesnaxdoobiesnax Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2017

Hey @doobiesnax ! Thanks for your feedback. I can't answer to all of these, but I figured I'd pipe in on some of them:

Cheers bud' :)

1. The idea of creating and using a Drone in one fell swoop makes sense. Not sure about the ease of implementation, though.

- add an extra option: I believe there are four (wish I had the Xbox on) when Select an item you get the option to: - create another, remove, upgrade. (One more? I dunno)! Why not add a selection that would be blanked out if not applicable 'create and use'
    -

4. I've seen this happen through all stages of development, but it has been happening the least in v0.7. Based on the progress of this alone, I'm sure the developers are doing everything they can to prevent this from happening.

- I'm guessing the obvious here, but if the crystals are only ejected forward or 70 degrees from its forward face, then ......... it seems it takes the processor a frame or so to recognise the crystals are collidable

5. From the inventory screen, go to the STATS tab. On the left side, select ENHANCEMENTS. You will see what three you currently have installed on the ship, as well as all of the collected Sub-Routines and Glyphs below. Hovering over these collected enhancements shows what they do.

- on the Xbox you can't select them, it shows what you have collected, but you can't select them :(

6. That's a clever idea, but it sounds like it might be a lot of work to implement for a little effect. I don't think it's too difficult to memorize the couple resources required for an upgrade or craft, so working in something like this may take a lot of time and energy that could otherwise go towards other mechanics in the game.

- agreed, it's a lot of work, just a thought :)

8: That sounds like a nice feature to see. I agree.

- whoopwhooop :)

9. If I recall correctly, there aren't any buttons left to keybind Action Freeze on the controller. Thankfully, it's all that's required is opening the game menu (back button) and selecting Action Freeze.

-Doh!!!! I've NEVER used that lol

• NesefaceNeseface Member Posts: 27
    1. In regards to the method of creating and using a drone. A sort of temporary holding slot could be implemented that automatically 'clears' (ie. is used) when you leave the inventory screen.
    3. sit on the crystal, almost touching it and you will never lose your crystals in the rock. Also, when I use a flack cannon on the crystal, annihilating the whole cluster it doesn't seem to get stuck. Might have something to do with model collision? are loose items capable of colliding with static models?
    7. yes please noise please. Possibly something like a rock being broken or gravel crunching to suggest the mined object is done. Not a bing/bong/beep/ping thing please!
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,317
    1. The problem here is that there already are four entries in a non-empty consumable slot (build new, equip, use now, remove) - and there is no space for a fifth entry. We'd have to implement some scrolling feature there and somehow indicate that there is a fifth entry - all not impossible, but more work than you might think and we don't have a lot of time at the moment
    2. The highlight on the perks screen is supposed to indicate that there are perks you can buy and that you should go to the perks tab - it does not indicate that the tab is active. I agree that this can be confusing - we'll have a look and see if we can make it more obvious
    3. This has always been very annoying and problematic - luckily it is much better now than it used to (we hate the problem with a passion)
    5. Yeah, unfortunately you don't get the tooltips on xbox. Implementing gamepad navigation in this screen is a real pain - we currently don't have the time, probably later. I'd also consider it to be a nice-to-have, as it is not absolutely necessary to see what non-equipped enhancements do during a run, as you are unable to equip them at this point
    6. Nice idea, but no idea where the option would go - also sounds like a lot of work
    7. Agreed, we'll add a sound, I guess
    8. Yeah, would be nice
  • NesefaceNeseface Member Posts: 27
    maybe just put the little 'available upgrade' icon on the tab as well (like for perks you can aford)?
  • doobiesnaxdoobiesnax Member Posts: 21
    > @ROCKFISH_Andi said:
    > 1. The problem here is that there already are four entries in a non-empty consumable slot (build new, equip, use now, remove) - and there is no space for a fifth entry. We'd have to implement some scrolling feature there and somehow indicate that there is a fifth entry - all not impossible, but more work than you might think and we don't have a lot of time at the moment
    -- yeah, I realise it's probably wayyyyy too late to point out ideas like this, and none of these are game breakers, just thoughts..:)

> 2. The highlight on the perks screen is supposed to indicate that there are perks you can buy and that you should go to the perks tab - it does not indicate that the tab is active. I agree that this can be confusing - we'll have a look and see if we can make it more obvious
    --forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure once you open the perks page, then the tabs do indeed highlight when you flick through them?? Would it not make sense for it to start off on the perks page so you don't have to flick through each time to get to it (that's my play style any how...I go straight to that page....

> 3. This has always been very annoying and problematic - luckily it is much better now than it used to (we hate the problem with a passion)
    -- lol

> 5. Yeah, unfortunately you don't get the tooltips on xbox. Implementing gamepad navigation in this screen is a real pain - we currently don't have the time, probably later. I'd also consider it to be a nice-to-have, as it is not absolutely necessary to see what non-equipped enhancements do during a run, as you are unable to equip them at this point
    --agreed, its no biggie.

> 6. Nice idea, but no idea where the option would go - also sounds like a lot of work
    > 7. Agreed, we'll add a sound, I guess
    -- again, not important, it's not like you don't notify us, but a nice touch.
    > 8. Yeah, would be nice