A post-release Idea: Game Modifiers

PacketlossPacketloss Posts: 22Member
Past release, a way to increase replay-ability is modifiers that alter the game world in its entirety for a different experience. The three difficulties are kind of like these, but you can get even wackier than just damage, loot, and hit point percentages. Maybe DLC, or even just a future patch.

EXs:
Newtonian - ALL ships have their Inertial Dampeners disabled, including AI.

Yar Har Fiddle Dee Dee - Outlaws are now Friendly, but G&B are always Hostile. (Traders are now Fences, and fuel stations are now owned by BP.)

Mass times Acceleration - Ships have a cargo hold for a few spare items, but speed is increased or decreased based on how many total items you have equipped and in your hold.

The Bleeps, the Sweeps, and the Creeps - Receive much more sensor information on the star map such as types of hazards, jump suppressors, all that. However, you can only see as far as the next jump instead of the entire sector.

Thoughts?

Comments

• troopitroopi Posts: 83Member
    I like it. They could be used like the ancient gliphs.
  • PacketlossPacketloss Posts: 22Member
    I think the difference would be in the balance. Glyphs and other enhancements should give you a bonus in their use, since they are limited to three slots active at a time. Game modifiers should have balanced benefits and penalties, though there are a few current enhancements that come close. For example, Beeline and Equalizer both have penalties in their uses, but I feel their benefits outweigh those making them solid enhancements.