Controller vs Mouse/Keyboard

ErixperienceErixperience Posts: 13Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
Refer to the title. Do you play with a USB controller or with K/M?

Comments

• purebuupurebuu Posts: 26Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Just started with Controller but I'm thinking keyboard/mouse probably has more control. Due to the really small HUD icons for points of interest it's hard to actually point my reticle on them. So for now I think mouse and keyboard will win out.

If it can be made easier to lock onto objects I'd easily stick with a gamepad. Something like a button that auto adjusts your ship to face the nearest object to your reticle would be a great fix and make gamepads easier.
  • FrakaFraka Posts: 17Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    try both, for me, KB+M win easy, too hard to play with the controler (but not try a lot with it)
  • KisaiKisai Posts: 8Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    K+M cause we need a lot of precision and with Controler its hard
  • withoutapaddlewithoutapaddle Posts: 14Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Controller all the way. The aim assist helps in frantic firefights, and controlling the ship with two joysticks (even if they are tiny) feels more natural/realistic. I beat all 4 sectors with a controller last night.
  • KnopyKnopy Posts: 27Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    My left Hand ( so wasd) is badly damaged, but it's still easier to fly with K+m than with an Controller
  • Apollo6124Apollo6124 Posts: 10Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Rogue
    I prefer the controller. Like withoutapaddle said, the aim assist helps a lot (probably to make up for the lack of precision). And the key mapping is designed so that you never have to put the controller down or switch to the mouse to look through menus or anything (at least not that I've encountered yet). Also, I was really frustrated with the controller at first, it seemed like it was really choppy and too sensitive, but it was really a combination of me needing to get used to the physics of everything and update my video card...

Tl;dr: Controller ftw
  • FlemmingFlemming Posts: 5Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Does the game work with a DS from the PS4 as well?
  • ZenTigerZenTiger Posts: 12Common Alpha Backer, Space Dog
    Controller for me. Even though its a bit difficult to get that precision, its nicer to sit on the couch and play this on the tv.
  • ElanElan Posts: 19Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    I've tried both and tbh, I feel that they are both pretty awful right now.

Of the 2 I've found KB+M to be more user friendly, but wow the sensitivity needs some serious tweaking to make it work!
  • Apollo6124Apollo6124 Posts: 10Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Rogue
    Flemming said:

Does the game work with a DS from the PS4 as well?

I believe I've seen others on the forums saying that they're using a dualshock.
  • TurricanTurrican Posts: 3Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Controller it is. This game has beautiful graphics and the smooth controller movement makes it look even "cooler" for me. Controller layout works well for me, I just would like to swap my thumbsticks because I'm used to it from other games.
    I have to say that aiming is sometimes a little hard because the sensitivity is too high, but in the end it still makes a lot of fun.
  • denizorseldenizorsel Posts: 8Member, Common Alpha Backer
    I m using an xbox controller and so far so good. (I wish vibration feedback was included though xP)
  • ES_4981ES_4981 Posts: 8Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Booster
    I've used both and both feel great. Honestly on the couch or on TV in the bedroom I go controller and in front of the monitor I go mouse/keyboard. I've been a longtime PC guy so if I had to choose the keyboard/mouse is my personal favorite. Been able to tinker with VR using both also and it makes no difference to me.
  • He11ionHe11ion Posts: 1Common Alpha Backer, Space Cat
    I'm a TV and game pad user I'm hoping to see a sentiveity slider and a little more aim assist for the beta/full release