New Ideas - crafting list

troopitroopi Member Posts: 83
Hi there mates.

I've been thinking about this one, since crafting things on the fly feels somewhat like an exploit, when the game should reward more the prepared player.
So this is the idea:
-add a time delay to each type of item crafted. Put them on a list that keeps producing the demanded items until it's empty.
Ex: craft 5 light missiles + 2 nanbots +3 scanners +1 beam laser.
They would all appear in a list at the bottom of the screen, as little icons, with a progress bar, and each icon would disappear when finished.
Consumables could take an average of 10 seconds, secondary weapons 20 secs., modules could take 30-40 secs., adn primary weapons 50-1 minute.
This would force the player to think more tactically on what to have ready for use before jumping, or what to do with the free time before the okkar arrive. And all those instant made stuff during combat would stop being a game exploit.

Cheers

Comments

• PacketlossPacketloss Member Posts: 22
    I like where you're going with this. It turns time into a resource you have to manage. Fabrication speed could be a perk that reduces crafting duration by a percentage, and Upgraded Fabricator could be a ship enhancement option that could make things instantly.

Maybe after you've made the same item a certain number of times in a run, it becomes instant. Im just thinking of all the 10s long Scanning Probe crafts on an average run.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    Introducing time as a mechanic in Everspace could work, especially considering we're constantly outrunning those Okkar Forces. Though I think 10 seconds is an awfully long time to wait for a consumable in an arcade game, I do think this could give more forethought into the crafting experience.
  • troopitroopi Member Posts: 83
    I'm glad you agree mates. And the time for crafting is that X variable that can always be refined by the devs until it becomes perfect.
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Moderator Posts: 579
    We still have the "delayed crafting" mechanic on the list but it's not that easy to implement (picking up or crafting new things during the delay, blocking the slots, using items from the same slot, etc.). Maybe we will find the time to test that after the release.
  • steve2653steve2653 Member Posts: 3
    Keys would be a nice craftable item once obtained